Monday, September 2, 2024

Aug 2024 Card Chain Challenge Reveal - Let's Play a Record!

 Today is reveal day for all the cards exchanged for the August Card Chain Challenge.  This time I sent my card to Mia in Greece and I received a card from Dagmara in Germany! (she sent me one last month too).  Mia hasn't received my card yet even though it was mailed from the US on Aug 8! So frustrating! Update:  Mia finally received my card on 9/9 - yay!!

I used the suggested colors and the themes of  Music and Friendship.



Here is my card closed.

And it opens to reveal a record player.  
You can really spin the record with your finger too!
(No music, but you can sing a tune as you spin it??!!)

I used dies from For the Record by My Favorite things (retired) but search Amazon for Record Player Die and there are a few non brand ones there.

To make the record player base - cut a strip of card stock or DP 4" x 12".  Score at 4", 7 1/2", 8" and 11 1/2".  Fold on all the score lines and adhere the 1/2" end to the 4" panel.  The card will fold flat for mailing in an A2 envelope when you close the 'cover'

To allow the record to spin - I punched a 1" circle, attaching it to the bottom of the record with a small brad put though the center of the record.  I added a few foam dots to the bottom of the circle (not between the record and the circle but on the bottom of the circle) and adhered the record to the player with those foam dots.  Then the record is raised and free to spin.  the SPIN and arrow are from Interactive Labels from MFT.


If you don't want it to spin don't add the circle - just adhere the record to the base with foam dots.

If you'd like to join in this fun card exchange challenge for Sept - you have until 9/6 to sign up.  

You'll find out all the details on how to participate at The Card  Chain Challenge here.

I'm also linking my card to:

First time using the Longfellow Quote stamp

ends 9/12

Just Because  ends 9/9

Add a Sentiment  ends 9/5






Stamps:  Longfellow Quote - Serendipity,  For the Record - Honey Bee Stamps, Interactive Labels - My Favorite Things.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair
Paper:  Raspberry Fizz - Papertrey Ink, Brushed Silver - Stampin' Up, black, green, orange - Kraft Core Core-dinations, DP - Elegant Jungle - DCWV.
Accessories:  For the Record Dies - My Favorite Things, Nested Stitched Scallop Frame - Amazon. foam dots, small brad,  Puffy Hearts - Michaels.

14 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Every little detail is fabulous and I like your colors! This is oodles of fun, Julia!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is so cool!! I saw your card at NBUS and had to check it out. Wow! Thanks for the inspiration today.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun and fabulous record player card, Julia!! Love the colorful papers & wonderful sentiments!!

brenda said...

We're both suffering from the postal system delays Julia, probably the US is the same as here, costs go up, service goes down.

Such a unique creation you sent to Mia.

B x

SmilynStef said...

Isn't that clever ... love that fun design ... so glad you joined our *Just Because* Challenge at Shopping Our Stash.

Bonnie said...

These colors are so pretty against the black, Julia! How clever to have a record that really spins!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and excellent colors love this and a great design xx

dj said...

Way to go shopping your stash!! I love your record player box card, it is perfect for your "Just Because" take on our challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. We are so glad you decided to play along with our challenge. --Deb Horst, DT #SOS529

Mary Marsh said...

This is such a creative card Julia and I love the colors you are using.

Loll said...

I ALWAYS love your 3-D creations, Julia. This is AWESOME. I love the design on the front and inside ... beautiful colours too! You've made it extra special with the interaction record that spins! :) xx

Marina said...

Very cleverly done - love that it spins.

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Julia, .... brilliant idea to match the sentiment and love the colours

Greta said...

So fun and creative! Glad you joined us at Time Out.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Such a fun card, Julia. Looks like a lot of work but I am sure the recipient will feel the love. Great colors, and I love the sentiments. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!