Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Lilac and Mint Easter

 I keep wanting to join in with the Color Hues Challenge and today is the day I finally did it!


I thought they were perfect colors for Easter and created this card.

The lilac image is a rub-on from Taperlogy.  I applied it to a panel of hammered white card.   The Decorative Floral Circle is a die from Rubbernecker.  I cut out the center of the floral circle so it would be like a frame.  I used two nesting circle dies to cut a thin circle out of a sheet of double sided sticky foam so I could pop up the frame over the lilac rubon.  I cut the sentiment strip with the circle so it fit inside the frame, also up on foam dots.  I added 7 enamel dots from Altenew.

I'm also linking my card to:
Inspired by the colors in the bottom left photo



Stamps:  Easter Allelulias - Papertrey Ink.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Clair.
Paper:  White, Mint Julip - PTI, Hammered White - Amazon
Accessories:  Lilac rubon - Taperlogy,  Circle dies - Nestability, Decorative Floral Circle Die - Rubbernecker, Twin Stick Foam Sheet, enamel dots - Altenew, foam dots.


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fabulous frame for those pretty lilacs! Wonderful card, Julia!

cm said...

WOW! Talk about a beautiful frame; perfect for the oh-so-pretty lilacs (one of my favourite flowers/trees). Thrilled to see you in the Just Us Girls and Colour Hues galleries!
hugs~carol

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous frame, Julia, and I love the lilacs!!

Karen said...

I love lilacs and until I saw this fabulous image--perfectly colored in lilac-- I don't think I own a single stamp of a lilac. Your ornate frame is perfect for those lush lilacs! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Very springy, Easter-y card, Julia. A lovely take on our moodboard at Just Us Girls. Thanks for playing with us.

Tracey McNeely said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey McNeely said...

Julia this flower is beautiful and the mint coloured frame is fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

A perfect use of these colors, Julia! Love that elegant frame and the gorgeous lilac rub on! A beautiful Easter card, my friend!

Susan said...

Beautiful frame, perfectly coloured lilac (you captured the exact colour of my dwarf lilac in my garden!)! A lovely card for Easter.

Trina P. said...

Agree… perfect colours for an Easter card. Beautiful card and design.

Nancy said...

Julia, This is such a pretty card and that mint frame certainly sets it off and makes it so elegant looking. So happy to see you in our gallery at Color Hues. I hope you become a regular! Take care!