Friday, February 2, 2024

Jan 2024 Card Chain Challenge Reveal - Bird on a Fence

 Today's the day for the January Card Chain Challenge Reveal -  when we see all the cards sent and received for the challenge in January.   I sent my card to Linda in Minnesota and I received a card from Joanne in Connecticut.

Each month we have the options of using a sketch, colors, themes and/or product/techniques.

I used two of  the theme options - birds and friendship

Here's the card I created for Linda.  The fence and bird are up on foam dots.


Instead of making a card that opens -  I decided to put a small die cut easel on the back of the panel.

You'll find all of the cards exchanged and see who sent to who - over at The Card Chain Challenge.

You can also sign up to send/receive a card for February here.  You have until Feb 6th to sign up!


I'm linking my card to:
This Makes Me Happy - Birds





Paper: White Wood Grain Card - Memory Box, White, Enchanged Evening, True Black, Blueberry Sky - Papertrey Ink, DP Festival of Colors 6"x6" paperpad - Rubbernecker.
Ink: Cocoa Bean - Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Hello Friend Posh Script Die - Memory Box, Featherd Friends 6 Die, Picket Fence Die - Papertrey Ink, foam strips, small easel die - Sizzix.

14 comments:

Ellibelle said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a great design!

Dotty Jo said...

Everything about this card just works so well, Julia. What a stunner! Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x

Gail said...

This is such a great card/ with easel!
Fabulous idea!

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfectly charming and I like that you put it on an easel!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beauty, Julia - absolutely love it!! Still on display in the living room! Thanks again for the die cut bits too - as you saw, I already used one of the fence cuts :)

Jeanne H said...

I love your blue jay so like my cardinal! Great minds think alike, right? Great idea making this an easel card.

Loll said...

Beautiful spring scene card for Linda. Great work Julia!! xx

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card,love the bird on the picket fence.Great idea with the easel stand.
Carol x

Susan said...

Fabulous! Love the bird! You created a beautiful scene with him.

Arlene said...

Great colors of the trees, fence and blue bird. I love scenes and this one is great. Arlene

Christine Alexander said...

fabulous card and love the easel design ♥

Viv said...

Love this Julia! x

Larelyn said...

Such a special card. Thanks for joining our Cut it Up "This Makes Me Happy" challenge.
Hugs,
Larelyn (CIU owner)

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! The bird and the fence are stunning and the little scene behind is fabulous! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge, I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting!