Sunday, October 22, 2023

Pumpkins on the Steps

 I made this card for a friend to give to her sister, Jo.  It's a fall birthday so I went with pumpkins!  And I got to use this beautiful recently purchased doorway die! 


I stamped the background panel using Elegant Arches, cutting out the arch shape in the center with A2 Arches Die and because they all come from The Greetery, the Elegant Entrance Arches die fits perfectly inside the opening!  The doors do open, but I chose to adhere the pumpkins, wheat sheaves and squash cut using the Autumn Harvest Die set onto the panel, so for this card, the doors do not open.

I printed the sentiment off my computer and added the sweet red acrylic heart.  I sponged the colors onto the pumpkins and wheat using DOX inks and adhered them onto the card with foam dots.

I'm linking my card to the following challenge:

First time using the beautiful Elegant Arches Entrance Die.




Stamp: Elegant Arches - The Greetery
Paper: White, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal - Papertrey Ink.
Ink: Ranger Doxide inks: Tea Dye, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Ranger Distress Crushed Olive, Galactic Stream - Altenew.
Accessories: Elegant Entrance Arches Die, A2 Arches Die, Autumn Harvest Dies - The Greetery, red acrylic heart - Honey Bee, foam dots.

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just absolutely love your door, Julia! The stamped background looks gorgeous on the teal card and I love your fall arrangement flanking the door!!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely card for your friend's sister! I think she'll enjoy all of the fall goodies!

Susan said...

Love everything about this - the beautiful door, the lovely background, and the great arrangement of autumn die cuts!

Bonnie said...

Such a pretty door with the fall display, Julia! Love those pumpkins! Your friend will be delighted to give this card and her sister will be so happy to get it!

Diane said...

Fabulously fun door, she will love it I'm sure, I have the arches sets on my every growing 'want' list so nice to see it in use!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Loll said...

This is so sweet, Julia. Jo is going to love it!! The stamped background is gorgeous ... love the deep colours. And that arched door is amazing ... love that it opens!! The pumpkins are so adorable, love the colours with the dark green background. Fabulous card, my friend. xx

Christine Alexander said...

I really do love that die, you've made such amazing cards with it ♥