Saturday, October 7, 2023

Inkspirational #300 - Spider Web Card and Envelope

 It's time for Inkspirational Challenge #300 and it's a Designer's Choice.   Carol is the designer choosing the theme this time and her challenge is to make a card with a matching envelope.

I don't usually do anything to my envelopes - but I do have a set of templates for making different size envelopes AND templates to create a liner for the inside of an envelope.  I got them at The Paper Source store many many years ago!

They came in handy for this challenge!
  
I used the A2 envelope template to trace and cut out my envelope using the same patterned paper that I used for the front of my card.  Then I just scored where indicated and folded up my envelope!

I used Remnant Rubs: Apothecary from Tim Holtz/Idea-ology to decorate my card and envelope, along with the dangling spider die cuts using a die from Memory Box. I cut them out of linen vellum so they have a ghostly appearance and I added one black gem to their faces.

I used a black card base, stamping the sentiment on a white panel on the inside of the card and die cut ghosts from Frightful Things thinlet dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix. 

(these ghosts just crack me up!! UM  -  I mean SCARE me!)


I put more rub-ons on the envelope flap
and one where the return address will go on the front of the envelope - I added a blank address label on the front of the envelope so the address would be readable!
The patterned paper I used (Recollections from Michaels) is two sided, so on the inside of the envelope you see all these tiny spiders surrounded by orange and black dots.  Much more fun than plain white!
Here you can hopefully see the shine on the orange dots.

There are lots of ways to decorate your envelope to match your card - so please check out what the rest of the Inkspirational Design Team has created!  

You'll find them along with Mr. Linky where you can link up your card and matching envelope creations over at the Inkspirational Blog!

You have through Oct 20th to link up!


I'm linking my card to:

#494 Small Type
the words on the front of my card and the words on the flap of the envelope are small type rub ons
ends 10/14

Halloween
Ends 10/31

the  black/white colors and the antlered skull on the cabinet
ends 10/11

I did diagonal corner to corner starting at bottom left
Matching envelope/Patterned Paper/Holiday
ends 10/12



Stamp: Visit the Web - Penny Black
Paper:  White, True Black, Linen Vellum (for spiders) - Papertrey Ink,  DP - Double Sided Sheet from Recollections/Michaels.
Ink:  Nocturne - Versafine Claire
Accessories:  A2 Envelope Template - Paper Source Store, Dangling Spider die - Memory Box, dhost dies from Frightful Things Thinlits Die Set - Tim Holtz/Sizzix,  Apothecary Remnant Rubs - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, black gems.

10 comments:

cm said...

Your card and envelope pairing are positively spooktacular, Julia! I don't have any remnant rubs but you've certainly piqued my interest to check them out. Love your ensemble; an inspiring take on our challenge!
hugs~carol

Marlena M. said...

FABULOUS set Julia!

HilaryJane said...

What a great and spooky halloween card. Love the matching envelope too. Sometimes it is well worth the effort xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun Halloween card inside and out, Julia - with matching envelope, no less! Wow - love the whole thing!!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Such a spooky, fun set. Love the decorated envelope xxx

Susan said...

Very spooky card - great job! Love the matching envelope!

Bonnie said...

What a great and scary Halloween card and envelope, Julia! Great job on the envelope and those ghosts, spiders and skeleton are spooky and fun!

Pia S said...

What a great idea to make your own envelope out of twosised paper, the outisde matching your cool card and the inside making it appear like a million spiders are crawlng out of there. So fun!

Laurel said...

This is fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

Trina P. said...

What a spooktacular Halloween card/envelope combo. And what a perfect time to use your envelope & liner making templates.