Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A Doorway to Christmas

 Another Christmas card from me today -  I am loving this Elegant Entrance die from the Greetery and the Herringbone Parquet die makes the perfect background inside the door.  My first Christmas design using them!

(I used the doorway with a fall theme card on this post.)


We are getting a glimpse into Santa's home here (wow!) - where you can see a photo of one of his reindeer on the wall!   The images are all rub ons from the Christmas Collection by  Taperlogy -  I LOVE these rub ons.  They've really got the technology down - they rub on easily and don't rip when you peel off the backing the way many other rub ons I purchased in the past have.

Here's a look at the card with the door closed -  inviting the receiver to open it right up!  

I decided to just add a die cut easel on the back of the panel so the receiver could display this card on a shelf if they wanted to - I know I would!  

I'm linking my card to a few of the Christmas Challenges out there:

anything goes
ends 11/2

Not a Creature was stirring  
Maybe it's a stretch? but there IS a reindeer on the wall!?
ends 11/1

Anything Goes
ends 10/29


Paper: Hammered White - Amazon, White True Black - PTI, Metallic Gold - Parklane (JoAnn)
Ink: Ranger Distress Tea Dye
Accessories: Elegant Entrance die, Herringbone Parquet die - The Greetery, Small Easel Die - Sizzix (retired I think), Christmas Collection Rub Ons - Taperlogy

12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling Santa inside the door, Julia - that parquet is gorgeous! Great idea to put an easel on the back!

Susan said...

Wonderful image of Santa, and a perfect design with the open doorway. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Bonnie said...

WOW! I am loving your cards with this pretty arched door, Julia! And the herringbone parquet makes a perfect background for Santa!

Lisa Elton said...

Santa does have a fancy house! That door is so pretty and it suits Santa well. Wonderful card, Julia!

Christine Alexander said...

love that new die and the way it can stand up. It's perfect for a view into Santa's home :)

Sue N said...

Wow, Julia, I love your Doorway to Christmas! The rub-ons made a wonderful scene of Santa's house! I've been enjoying making fall scenes with the Elegant Entrance dies and thinking about ones for Christmas! Sue N

Loll said...

Awesome card Julia. LOVE the parquet background behind those gorgeous doors. And fun to see Santa's house. I wonder which reindeer is his favourite that he was hang a picture??!! :) Fun, inactive card with the recipient opening the doors to reveal what's inside. So great with the easel backing too. xx

Lynda said...

What a fabulous card. I love the peak into Santa's home with the reindeer picture - great idea. Thank you for joining us at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

SmilynStef said...

what a fun card design ... love the framed reindeer ... so very glad you joined our Creature Feature at Jingle Belles.

Lia said...

Santa is really inviting me in! What a nice idea.
Lia DT POE

lauren bergold said...

Lovely card and a great addition to our Christmas Creatures at Jingle Belles!

Lorraine said...

Such a cute and clever card. Love that you added the easel - makes it so inviting.