Sunday, May 21, 2023

Oh Holy Night

 Yes, I have to get going on my Christmas cards!  I created this one card for five different challenges.


A very simple design using designer paper for the background, a die frame and sentiment cut from gold metallic paper.
I layered both the frame and sentiment over a sturdier white card die cut and they are both up on foam.

I say a simple design but it took me about 2 hours to find a piece of DP with the Kick Start Challenge colors in it!!  And I die cut the frame and sentiment out of 4 different colors before settling on gold!

Here are the challenges I'm linking to:

Music (Oh Holy Night is a Christmas Carol)

Anything Goes Christmas

No Stamping

Color Palette


first time using this Oh Holy Night die even though I bought it 4 or so years ago??!!





Paper: Kraft Stock Metallic Gold - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, DP Alluring Blooms Paper Pad - Altenew, white card  - PTI
Accessories: Oh Holy Night die - Cut-plorations, Nested Rectangle with Square Holes die - Rubbernecker, foam strips and dots.

12 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Funny how we obsess about DP patterns, isn't it? Just love this simple, but stunning Christmas card, Julia!! Great for mass production & it really makes a statement!! Love, love, love it!!

Bonnie said...

It was worth the search to find that perfect decorative paper! Love the gold frame and die cut that make this so elegant!

nancy littrell said...

You have me inspired, Julia...I have a large Christmas sentiment die from CUTplorations too..Glad tidings. I love the idea of using a beautiful PP background...your gold frame and die cut sentiment are stunning. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

Your card is stunning, Julia. Well worth the time to fine the perfect patterned paper and the perfect colour for the sentiment and frame. This is so beautiful and elegant. xx

papierelle said...

You have found the perfect design paper and used it to create a very classy card.
I am very happy that you are playing with Jo and me at the Kickstart Challenge. Gundi

Ida said...

Love the bold colors for this card. It does remind me of a starry night type of sky. - Way to go on getting a jump on Christmas card. I always seem to wait until the last minute.

Susan said...

Gorgeous background paper and lovely gold frame and sentiment! Way to go getting 5 challenges out of it!

Christine Alexander said...

The designer paper is so beautiful and perfect with just the sentiment and frame. Love the card xx

SmilynStef said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes the simplest ideas can take the longest to execute ... your gorgeous paper certainly fits the bill ... so very glad you joined our NO Stamping Christmas at Jingle Belles.

Dotty Jo said...

Your card is stunning! Well done on combining so many challenges... If I'd tried that I'd have probably had a nosebleed. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous and worth all the effort. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart with Gundi and me, Jo x

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card! You incorporated music very nicely. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

Kathy said...

What pretty colors in the background and the gold frame is also such a nice touch. Loving your card! Thanks for sharing at 52 CCT this week. Smiles, Kathy DT