Friday, May 5, 2023

Anniversary Tulips

 Another card made for several lovely challenges out there.  

I just purchased this tulip layering stencil and was happy to use it right away to create this beautiful anniversary card for my college roommate and her husband.  

I was 5 months pregnant with my son, Josh, when I was a bridesmaid in their wedding, so I always remember what year anniversary it is for them (46th this year!)

This is a slim line stencil, so my card measures 8 1/4" x 3 1/4"  And aren't they beautiful! 
 
The Slimline Layering Tulips Stencil is from Unity and it's half price right now! (just sayin')
  Unity actually has a lot of items on sale right now if you're looking! Sale ends 5/15/23.

I used blender brushes to ink over the stencil.  The first stencil is the green leaves, the 2nd stencil is the full tulips inked in a lighter hue of chosen color, the 3rd stencil is tulip highlights inked in a darker hue of the color chosen.  

I die cut the stenciled panel using Slimline Nested Stitch die from Rubbernecker and layered it over a slightly larger panel of Berry Sorbet card. I stamped the sentiment, from The Greetery, on a die cut strip and layered it over the tulips with foam dots.

You could do more to this to dress this up - outline the leaves and tulips in gold or black, add some glitter or shimmer with various products - but I left mine clean and simple in all of it's natural beauty for this, my first try using it!

I'm linking my card to:


Flowers

Pretty Pastels

Flowers


First time using tulip stencil




Stamps:  Sentiment Suite: Love - The Greetery
Paper:  White, Berry Sorbet - PTI
Ink:  Light Spruce, Light Carnation, Medium Carnation - Gina K Designs.
Accessories:  Slim Line Layering Tulips Stencil - Unity, blender brushes, Slimline Nested Stitch Dies - Rubbernecker, Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expression, foam dots.

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way your pink tulips fill the card front! Pretty card, Julia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful tulips and I love the slimline design with the flag sentiment, Julia!

Loll said...

Beautifully stenciled tulips, Julia. Your friend and her hubby are going to love their anniversary card! xx

Bonnie said...

Such a beautiful stencil and you've blended the colors beautifully, Julia!

HilaryJane said...

Your tulips are beautiful and I love that you left it clean and simple xx

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Julia and love your gorgeous Tulips also. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

Cara said...

I love these soft pink tulips, so pretty! Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x