Saturday, May 6, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge - #289 - Mini

 The first May challenge is up over at Inkspirational today.  

It's a word prompt challenge and the word is Mini!


I interpreted "Mini" as both a small image (it's stamped on a 2" x 2" square) 
and a small card - my card base is 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"

I stamped the Make a Wish Mini image from Colorado Craft onto a die cut square of water color paper using Nocturne Versafine Clair ink.  I made sure the ink was dry, and then water colored the image also creating a ground and sky around it.

I die cut two size squares using Cross Stitch Nesting Squares from Tutti Design.  I used a Nestability Square die to cut out the middle of the smaller square and used that for my image.

The square around the image is up on foam strips.
I die cut the card base using Noted: Scalloped Square die from Papertrey Ink.

So what does 'Mini' make you think of for a card?  Please join us over at Inkspirational - where you will find more inspiration from the Team as well as Mr. Linky to link up your creation! Can't wait to see what you create!

You have until May 19th to link up your card!


I'm linking my card to:
First time using the Make a Wish Mini Image



Stamps: Make a Wish Mini - Colorado Craft
Ink: Nocturne Versafine Clair
Paper: Water color - Canson Cold Press
Accessories: Square Nestability Die, Cross Stitch Nesting Square Dies - Tutti Design, Noted: Scalloped Square Die - Papertrey Ink (retired), foam dots, Winsor and Newton Watercolor paints, brush, water.

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh. My. GOSH!! This mini is maxi in cuteness! I love it!

Kristin Sluhan said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love the image and how you framed and layered it. Fabulous! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!!

Pia S said...

This is so cute and it looks so pretty with the white layered framing.

Bonnie said...

Awh! This is adorable! I love how the layers boost the sweet image and don't overpower it!

Marina said...

It's great to have a small image take centre stage and I love the way you've framed and matted it in white.

Loll said...

This is so cute, Julia! I LOVE the sweet image and the framing is just perfect. xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling mouse with flowers, Julia, and I love the layered framing on the mini scalloped card!!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful and sweet Julia! Love the framing of your work of art~

HilaryJane said...

This is so sweet. I always love small things so this card is right up my street. Great use of those dies for framing too. Love it xx

Susan said...

That is the most adorable mini card! I love the small image of the mouse and the way you framed it!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful card Julia, it's so cute and I love the framed layering xx

cm said...

A combination of cute and classy, Julia! Pretty framing/design for your mini-sized card; delightful, adorable Colorado Craft. Co. image as the star of the stage. You've created 'mini' on so many levels with this little gem. Inspired and inspiring!
hugs~carol

Brenda in IN said...

What a cute image and fun card, Julia. The frames are so pretty and the watercolor looks great.