Saturday, January 28, 2023

Sending Love

 It's time for the next Inkspirational Challenge, and it's a wonderful Mood Board!


I'm sure you can tell - I  was inspired by the plate of cookies and the colors!

I die cut the hearts from Lawn Fawn out of white and Dark Chocolate card and spread a layer of Glossy Accents over each one.  
Then I sprinkled Tiny Hearts Valentine Mix from Ellen Hutson over them and let the Glossy Accents dry overnight.

I die cut the background using Quilted Backdrop from Lawn Fawn.
  
The chocolate heart is up on foam dots overlaying the white heart.   
I adhered the die cut sentiment from Memory Box beneath the hearts.

This card below was the first card I had made for the challenge, but I accidentally picked up the Crackle Glossy Accents!  

When I first saw it dried - I thought "did it crack because it was too thick??"  then I looked at the bottle and saw it was the Crackle Glossy Accents, duh...... I had really wanted it to be smooth 'frosting' so I made the card above.   
The only difference in the cards is the Crackle Glossy accents and a pretty patterned paper background. (Sweet as Sugar - Reverse Confetti)
It shows you how changing just one thing can bring a totally different look to a card!

Well, that and these cookies look like the frosting dried out sitting on the counter too long !

How will the Mood Board inspire you??   We can't wait to see what you create.  Check out all of the lovely inspired designs from the rest of the DT over at Inkspirational!

You have until Feb 10th to link up your project! 

Also linking my card to:


Krafty Chicks - All Occasions - Valentines



Linking my 2nd card to:
1st vertical row
Die Cut - Heart - Patterned Paper



Paper:  White, Scarlet Jewell, Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink, Pale Rose - Bazzill, Sweet as Sugar - Reverse Confetti (on 2nd card)
Accessories:  Lacy Heart Stackables, Outside In Stitched Heart Stackables, Quilted Backdrop - Lawn Fawn, Sending Love Posh Script - Memory Box, Glossy Accents - Ranger,  Crackle Glossy Accents (on 2nd card) Tiny Hearts Valentine Mix - Essentials by Ellen Hutson, foam dots.

15 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the idea of adding glossy accents and then adding the sprinkled hearts. That is a great way to add a bit of a larger sprinkle or glitter yet now have to glue them down individually. I have some stars that I need to use up and may need to pull out my glossy accents to add them. Brilliant and gorgeous!

Michelle N. said...

Love the embedded goodies-super smart idea! Such a lovely card with that quilted backdrop! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Ginger said...

This card makes me want a piece of chocolate. It looks so real! Great job!

Bonnie said...

My eyes went straight to that chocolate cookie and you matched it beautifully! It looks so real that the recipient may try to eat it! The crackle actually probably looks more like mine would turn out! Both cards are fantastic, Julia!

Christine Alexander said...

wonderful valentines cards, that chocolate cookie looks yummy with the shiny icing ♥

Loll said...

Both your cards are so pretty, Julia! I LOVE the glossy accents "frosting" ... it looks so real!! :) The crackle is also amazing on your pretty sprinkled hearts. xx

Marlena M. said...

I love BOTH Julia! These look so yummy and what a great idea to add gloss and sprinkles! You've inspired me to relook at the hearts I own and to try this out~

cm said...

Julia, your cookies are so realistic; I can almost taste the chocolate, the sprinkles, the buttery base....yum! And talk about pretty; love the way you've decorated them! Glossy icing goodness! A duo of absolutely scrumptious delight; perfect inspiration for our moodboard!
hugs~carol

Arlene said...

When I saw your first card, I thought it WAS a delicious chocolate cookie I was seeing. LOL So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our Valentine challenge.

Leanne said...

Wonderful, and reminds me of a cookie with sparkles, nicely done, thank you for playing our All Occasions Challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Have a crafty day!

Leanne DT/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Vicky Hayes said...

You’ve really made my mouth water with these pretty cards Julia! I do prefer the paler background and the smooth icing but the crackle glossed ones wouldn’t last long in our house I can tell you! Thank you for coming to play at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week! Vicky x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Julia those cookies look too good to eat and I love the glossy finish! Thanks for playing with us over at TicTacToe Challenge this week!

Nonni said...

I like both of them Julia! The crackled version could very well be something I would have baked, I always struggle with toppings and frostings lol! Beautifully made cards. xx

Pia S said...

How yummy and sweet! The chocolate glaze looks amazing.

Kate said...

O wow your cookies look so realistic and yummy! Love the heart sprinkles!