Monday, January 2, 2023

December Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 Today's the day for the reveal of cards sent out in December over at the Card Chain Challenge.

This month I sent my card to Dee in Kenya and I received a card from Marianne in Greece!

This time we were asked to use a Tic Tac Toe chart for our card designs and not just a regular one - a five column one!

I used the 2nd vertical column - Slim Line, Bird, Black, Deer and Stars!

Everything on my card was cut with dies -  Slim Line Circles from Rubbernecker, deer from Winter Wonderland from Sizzix, little birds from In the Meadow from Papertrey Ink, flying bird from Christmas Shadow Box from Sizzix and the 3 stars from Nativity die set from Sizzix.  
I really used my stash for this card!

I die cut the circle panel out of black card, then I cut squares of the snowflake paper and adhered them behind the openings.  I die cut all the images out of white card and adhered them inside the circles over the snowflake papers.

My card is 8 1/2" x 3 slimline.  I stamped inside "May Your Days be Merry and Bright" and wrote a New Year's message.

Take a look over at The Card Chain Challenge and find out how you can join in each month or just for one!


Paper:  White, True Black - Papertrey Ink, DP North Wind - Craft and You.
Accessories:  Slim Line Circles with Holes die - Rubbernecker, In the Meadow Dies (small bird) - Papertrey Ink, Christmas Shadow Box Die (flying bird) - Sizzix, Nativity Set (stars) - Sizzix, Winter Wonderland dies (deer) - Sizzix.

16 comments:

papierelle said...

Wow, I love your implementation!!! The card looks very elegant!

HilaryJane said...

Your card is so classy and stylish. I love it xx

Pia S said...

At first I wanted to use the bingo row that you chose for your card, but I got stuck and couldn't get the right ideas. This is what I imagine I hoped I could come up with, I guess:) I really love it, so stylish and the use of black makes it extra elegant.
Happy New Year!

Ellibelle said...

So beautifully designed!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such an elegant design, Julia - love the trio of windows with the circle borders! Well done on completing that row of the board! Happy New Year!!!

crafty-stamper said...

WOW fabulous elegant card and design,love the black and white and little die-cut images
Carol x

Angelnorth said...

Fabulously stylish card Julia, the white die cuts look perfect with the dramatic black card base! Happy new year!

Arlene said...

WOW, you really brought that line to life. Elegant and striking.

Christine Alexander said...

wow so striking and so elegant ♥

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, this is beautiful

Viv said...

This is simply fab Julia! The monochrome is so striking and a brilliant interpretation of that darn Tic Tac Toe line!
Great card. x

Jeanne H said...

A really wonderful card!

Bonnie said...

This is stunning, Julia! I love the circles and the sweet die cuts on snowflake paper! I'm sure Dee loved getting this card! Happy New Year, my friend.

Loll said...

This card is so dramatic with the black base. So very elegant and an amazing design, Julia! xx

Imke said...

Same row like me, Julia. You did a great job - love the use of the Designpaper with the white Die Cuts. Happy to join this fun group !
Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

Dotty Jo said...

This is such a beautiful card, Julia. I love your style and how you used your chosen line. Thanks for being a link in our chain again, Jo x