Saturday, January 7, 2023

Marshmallow on Top

 I'm sharing a comforting card today that would be perfect to send to someone living in a cold winter area.  We haven't had snow yet this season, but yesterday it was raining, and suddenly turned into a lovely soft snow that covered the ground!  I wish it had been here for Christmas!


I used a little mug die from a recently purchased die set, Festive Things, die cutting them in blue and white and layering the opposite colors together.   The coaster is a die from The Greetery.  The coaster and mugs are up on foam dots.
I added Liquid Applique to the tops of the mugs (it was an old tube and I really had to SQUEEZE it to get it out, but when I heated it, it foamed up like it should.)  I dabbed a brown Copic on the foam.  I sponged Tea Die ink around the edges of the mug and striped 'mat'.


I'm linking my card to:


First time using the mug die






Stamps:  Hug in a Mug - SU
Paper:  White, Spring Rain - Papertrey Ink, DP Beach Vibes - Honey Bee Stamps.
Ink:  Versafine Vintage Sepia, Ranger Distress Tea Dye
Accessories:  Festive Things Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Coaster Die - The Greetery, Liquid Applique, Heat Tool, foam dots, E37 Copic.

10 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

love your little hot chocolate mugs and the great sentiment ♥

Loll said...

Your little cups of hot chocolate are so sweet ... love those polka-dots. The marshmallow on top is perfect. Made me smile. :) xx

Bonnie said...

What a great take on the inspiration photo, Julia! That's my kind of hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows!

Laurel Seabrook said...

This is great, love the little mugs! Thank you for playing at Inspired By!

Carol said...

Love this winter card with its hot chocolate theme and the textures in the whipped cream and napkin! Happy you joined us this week at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your cups of hot chocolate with their cute little polka dots and topped with the marshmallows! Great design with the coaster and polka dot background. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Darnell said...

Thank you, sis, I am in need of that deliciously warming hot cocoa on this endlessly rainy day! It's a great card! Adding the brown to the whipped cream to make it look like it was torched was genius! Thank you for (often) inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a darling pair of mugs on their rug, Julia!! Love the dotted background too!!

~amy~ said...

This is so sweet Julia!
Thanks so much for joining us at the Inspired By challenge.

Lisa Kind said...

This is so cute! I love how you used the blues on those mugs. And I wish I could have sent you some snow on Christmas. We had so much here with our blizzard in Buffalo, NY that we couldn't celebrate until later in the week! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!