Saturday, September 17, 2022

Reminder: CAS Christmas Card Challenge

 I'm here today with my reminder card for the September CAS Christmas Card Challenge.  

To use Sparkle and or Shine!


I die cut my Spellbinder ornaments out of Disco Glitter paper so they really do Sparkle and Shine!  The bows are a die from It's a Wrap: Mini Posy Pocket and the frame is a Nordic Frame die - both from The Greetery.  I layered the white frame over a panel of red glitter paper (which I cut the bows from as well.)  The ornaments are up on foam dots.  I added 3 clear gems to the white panel.

So let's get those Christmas cards made!  It's SEPTEMBER already!  You have until 9/24 to post your CAS Sparkle and/or Shine cards here.

 



Stamps: Simple Strips: Christmas -Taylored Expressions
Paper: White - PTI, Red Glitter Paper, Disco Glitter Paper - Michaels/Recollections.
Ink: Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories: 2010, 2011 and 2012 Heirloom Ornament dies - Spellbinders, bow die from It's A Wrap: Mini Posy Pocket and Nordic Frames - The Greetery, Simple Strips Die - Taylored Expressions, clear gems - Buttons Galore and More, foam dots.

13 comments:

Loll said...

LOVE the sparkle from your disco glitter cut ornaments, Julia. Haven't heard of that paper and now need to go shopping. :) Sweet framing and bows pull it all together into one fantastic Christmas card. xx

Christine Alexander said...

That Glitter paper is awesome, it really does have that disco ball look. So perfect for your Christmas Ornaments ♥

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, what a lovely card you made, maximizing the use of glitter paper, Julia! I can see the wonderful sparkle without imagination in the picture, and I even love the name of the paper, Disco Glitter Paper! :-D
The glittery thin red bows and the red peeking through the frame are so pretty. The clear gems are cherry on top!
Hideko xx

Susan said...

Wonderful sparkle in those ornaments and great framing with the Nordic die!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!! This is definitely one SPARKLY card Julia and I love, LOVE it!! I love red and white together at Christmas too...just something so classic about that color combo! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. 😊

Bonnie said...

Awesome sparkle and shine, Julia! Love, love, love these ornaments with the red bows and they're all framed up beautifully!

Trina P. said...

Your sparkly glittery ornaments look incredible. Love the red / silver / white colour palette.

Linda said...

Beautiful card with those gorgeous sparkly ornaments and bows.

Lisa Elton said...

I've never heard of disco glitter paper, how fun! It sure makes those pretty little ornaments shine! Fabulous card, Julia!

HilaryJane said...

Wow, what amazing shine. I don't think I have seen that paper before. Love the white background and the red and silver xx

Colleen said...

Julia those ornaments take the cake for the shiniest of all I have seen! Amazing and beautiful!

Barb Ghig said...

Disco Glitter paper...WOW! A really gorgeous way to add sparkle to your card, Julia! I love that you chose the Nordic Frame for your background, too! A really beautiful card!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Gorgeous sparkly card!