Sunday, September 4, 2022

A Basket of Posies

 Today I'm sharing a birthday card with a pretty basket of posies on it!  I just love how this one piece basket folds up to look so dimensional and allows the flower stems to be placed inside.  I purchased the die quite some time ago and I finally got it out to use! 

The basket is Country Hand Basket from Papertrey Ink.   The flowers are cut using Botanicals: Forget Me Nots from The Greetery.  

 I die cut the basket out of white card and then rubbed over it with a grey colored pencil to highlight the weave of the basket.

I smooshed green and orange Distress inks on my craft mat, spritzed with water and smooshed white card panels into each of the colors - then I die cut the stems from the green panel and the Forget Me Nots from the orange panel.    The smooshing gives depth of color rather than using a colored piece of cardstock

I added white Nuvo drops to the centers and points of the flowers.

I embossed the back panel with the Tufted Embossing folder from SU.

Linking my card to:

Just Us Girls


 
Stamps:  Birthday Basics - PTI
Ink:  Green and orange Distress Inks, Obsidian - Altenew
Paper:  White - PTI
Accessories:  Country Hand Basket Die - PTI, Botanicals: Forget Me Nots die - The Greetery,  Tufted Embossing Folder - Stampin Up, White Nuvo Drops, craft mat, water mister, grey colored pencil.

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, Julia! The basket reminds me of one my mom would put magazines in when I was a little girl! Thanks for sharing this with us at Just Us Girls!

Christine Alexander said...

The card is gorgeous and I absolutely love that die ♥

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love that background paired with your beautiful flowers and basket. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Bonnie said...

Love this die full of Fall flowers, Julia! Wonderful depth of color!

HilaryJane said...

Oh, this is so pretty. Those cute little flowers in the basket are so special and the whole look is enhanced by the gorgeous embossed background. I think I must put that folder on my wish list too xx

ElizStewart said...

OMGosh... I love your basket! Such a beautifully simple card...thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Robyn Oliver said...

WOW Julia, your card is just gorgeous, love the basket concept, perfect for the flowers and the embossed background finishes it beautifully, hugs Robyn

Ina G said...

What a most beautiful basket here Julia to put those gorgeous bright coloured flowers in. Love the background which showcases them perfectly. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGSthis week and lovely to see you again.

Loll said...

Sweet card Julia! Love that you've used your new basket die. Adorable with those little posies. xx

Greta said...

Thought that die was neat when they released it, so glad to see it in action. The dry embossing makes a beautiful background for this lovely card!