Friday, September 2, 2022

August Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 Today is the reveal of the cards sent and received around the world for the August Card Chain Challenge!  This month I sent my card to Dawn in New Zealand and received a card from Joy in Colorado!

Each month there are suggestions for card design: a sketch, colors, theme options and Product/Technique options - you only need to use one.  I used just the sketch this month.

Here's the card I sent to Dawn.


I inked the inside top piece of the 3D Textured Impressions embossing folder Fallen Leaves with Fresh Leaf ink and embossed a panel of water color paper.  
I die cut the leaves out of metallic papers using 3D Embosslits Leaf, spritzing the back of the metallic paper before embossing/cutting it.  
I took a strip of water color paper and embossed the top and bottom edges with Stitching Lines dies from Ellen Hutson.  
I cut the embossed background slightly smaller than my  A2 card base and the sentiment strip extends over to the edges of the card base.  
The leaves are up on foam dots.  
The sentiment is from Good Vibes clear stamp set from Sizzix.

Do you want to join in and send a card to someone somewhere in the world?  Check out how you can sign up each month at The Card Chain Challenge!




Stamps: Good Vibes - Sizzix
Paper: Water color paper - Canson Cold Press, white card base - PTI, Kraft Stock Metallic Confections - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.
Ink: Fresh Leaf - Altenew
Accessories: Fallen Leaves 3D Textured Pmpressions Embossing Folder - Sizzix, 3D Impresslits Leaf - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Stitching Lines Dies - Essentials by Ellen/Ellen Hutson, foam dots.

9 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a stunning take on the sketch, Julia! Those falling leaves look amazing with the subtle green ink & paired with the metallic die cut leaves. Fabulous card for the CCC!!

Angelnorth said...

I have that folder, it’s a beautiful one, it’s the it? Love what you’ve done with it here, pairing it up with the metallic die cut leaves - great card Julia!

Joy Meadows said...

A very pretty card, Julia! The metallic leaves look so nice against the embossed background.

Bonnie said...

I love this embossing folder and you have used it beautifully, Julia! The inking is perfect and the embossed and die cut leaves a perfect match!

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and gorgeous embossing folder, I am now following you and big thanks for sharing in my facebook group, very valuable work of art x

Imke said...

Wow, amazing card, Julia ! Love all the greens and the metallic leaves are a wonderful accent.
I am happy to join this Challenge - it´s such a FUN group.

Imke MY CRAFTY PLACE

HilaryJane said...

I really love this one. The effect of the ink on the embossing is truly stunning. I have had my eye on that embossing folder for a while. I think my resolve not to buy more stuff is starting to slip! Love those shiny leaves too xx

Robyn Oliver said...

Just getting round to checking everyone's CCC cards and wow it's stunning Julia, love that cool embossed inked background with the cluster of shine embossed leaves.. great card, Robyn

Pia S said...

WOW, what an impressive background, the added ink gives a fabulous result. Beautiful version of the sketch!