Monday, February 21, 2022

Birthday, Baby and Friend Cards

 Today I'm sharing 3 cards I've made using some of Eileen Hull's Sizzix Chapter 1 releases.  

I've used the beautiful Vintage Buttons 3D Embossing Folder and her Snail Mail Thinlit Die (that coordinates with her Snail Mail Everyday Sentiments Maker Forte stamp set released last year).

First a card for a new baby boy.

I embossed a white card panel spritzed with a little water for the base of my card using the Vintage Buttons 3D embossing folder.  Such a gorgeous deep impression!

For the top embossed panel,  I rubbed the inside of the front of the embossing folder with blue ink, spritzed the white card panel with water, and then embossed the panel in the inked embossing folder - it gives a lovely subtle color behind the buttons!  

I cut this panel to fit inside the scallops of this die cut frame

I layered this over the white button embossed panel, added a sentiment and a button, both popped up on foam dots.

I stamped 'welcome little one' from Eileen's Snail Mail Every Day Sentiments stamp set inside.

For my next two cards I used die cuts from Thinlit Snail Mail Die and sentiments from Snail Mail Every Day Sentiments Stamp Set.

Hello Friend card.  

I adhered a strip of designer paper to the left side of the card.   I adhered the frame piece from the die centered on the card and layered 3 sizes of the cut blocks in different colors to frame my stamped sentiment.


Happy Birthday Card
I adhered a piece of patterned paper onto a white card base, adhered the frame offset over the paper (to feature the lovely florals in the corner!), stamped the sentiment on a block from the die and added red Nuvo Drops to opposite corners.
This photo shows the frame and blocks die included in the Thinlits Snail Mail Die along with die cuts out of white card.  If you cut the blocks on the dots - you get pieces that look like postage stamps!
To get the scalloped edge on the outside frame -  you cut a panel with the squares inside the frame.  If you cut just the outside piece it gives you a plain rectangle panel.





It is with a heavy heart that I say this is my last post as a member of Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team.
  
I have loved creating with Eileen's dies and working with Eileen and all of the wonderful creative people on her team over the past 6 years. 

I've just reached a time in my life when I want less deadlines and more free time for spontaneous activities now that COVID is loosening it's grip on us! (dare I say that?!)
Thank you Eileen for all of your support and encouragement while I've been on your team! I will certainly continue to create with your beautiful dies!

Remember to check out Eileen's blog every Wednesday to see a gathering of the teams creations!


Stamps:  Snail Mail Everyday Sentiments - Eileen Hull/Maker Forte, Cute as a Button from Baby Button Bits - Papertrey Ink.
Ink:  Caribbean Sky, Obsidian, Coral Berry - Altenew.
Paper:  White, Blueberry Sky, True Black, Raspberry Fizz - PTI, DP Garland 6x6 Pad - Memory Box.
Accessories:  Snail Mail Thinlit Die, Vintage Buttons Embossing Folder - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, button, foam dots, water mister, Word Window Punch - SU, Nuvo Crystal Drops Autumn Red. 

4 comments:

Lenet said...

beautiful cards, I LOVE that stamp die!

Bonnie said...

Love this baby card, Julia! What a nice smooth, pastel blue on the top piece! Love the postage stamp dies and how you've used them with the patterned paper!

Trina P. said...

Wonderful trio of cards. Love the baby card with the embossed background and punny sentiment.

Christine Alexander said...

Fantastic selection of cards Julia, I must admit I love that mail die with the postage stamp cuts :)
Sorry a bit behind on my comments ♥