Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hope Your Day Sparkles!

Today I'm sharing another card I made after watching more of Eileen Godwin's wonderful YouTube videos using Lavinia stamps.

(See my other card on this blog post.)

First, I partially stenciled the background with the Flora Stencil from Lavinia using blender brushes with Tumbled Glass and Picked Raspberry Distress inks.  Then I stamped Brie Rose, a Whimsical Hare and the Mini Stars 2 with Obsidian ink.  I die cut circle masks out of acetate, laid them over the images, one at a time, and used a blender brush to sponge around the edge of the mask to create the spotlights.   I added gold Stickles to the stars and splattered with white Gouache.  The sentiment is from A Little Sparkle from Lawn Fawn.
I'm linking my card to:



There's a spring tulip in the hand of my fairy and I used spring colors


Stamps:  Brie Rose Fairy, Whimsical Hares, Star 2 Minis - Lavinia Stamps, A Little Sparkle - Lawn Fawn
Paper:  Strathmore Bristol Smooth, white card base, acetate - PTI
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew, Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass, Picked Raspberry
Accessories:  circle die - Spellbinders, Gold Stickles, blender brushes.

12 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a fabulous card, Julia! These images are wonderful! I love the stenciling and how it spotlights the fairy and the hare. All of the little details you have added make this card extra-special. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Christine Alexander said...

Great take on Eileen's tutorial Julia, I've acquired so many Lavinia stamps I need to start playing. thanks for the wonderful inspiration :)

Ashwini Rao said...

What an awesome card! Definitely looks magical and sparkly! Thank you for joining us with this charming card at Seize the Birthday challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your stenciling is perfect with this magical looking card! Thanks for joining in at STB

Amanda Mertz said...

Magical! I love how much depth you created on just one layer with the gorgeous ink blending! The spotlights are especially cool and I love the texture with the splatters and gold stickles! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Loll said...

AMAZING card Julia!! I love the colours you've used and that gorgeous stencil for the background. Your silhouette images are so wonderful! xx

Mac Mable said...

I love how you've hi-lighted those striking silhouettes with the circles and the background stencilling looks fabulous. What a beautiful card x.

Cathy said...

I love this Julia, gorgeous inking and you've created a magical scene with the Lavinia stamps, I must have a play with all of my Lavinia stuff! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous card with the silhouettes and stenciling, Julia!!

Bonnie said...

You have mastered this technique, Julia! Love how bright your spotlight turned out and that sweet bunny!

Trina P. said...

Wow! This is so dreamy and enchanting. Love the colours. I’ll have to check out Eileen’s video.

HilaryJane said...

I think I watched Eileen's video of this card too and can see that you have done a really good job, love our chosen colours and your spotlighting. great silhouette stamping too, I always that that really hard xx