Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Mid-Month Reminder - July CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Nativity

Hi everyone -  happy summer!  We're halfway through July and I'm here to remind you to stay cool by making a Christmas Card for the CAS Christmas Card Challenge!   
This month the theme is Nativity.

I again used white and metallic gold as I did on my first challenge card but this one is even more CAS.  I die cut the Holy Family and stable shape using the Nativity Die from Sizzix out of white card.  I pushed out the white halos and die cut them again out of metallic gold and inserted the gold halos into the white die cut.  I layered it over the stable die cut and layered that to a metallic gold stitched circle which is one of the dies in the Noted: Scalloped Square die from PTI which is what I used to cut my card base.
This card measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"

Inside I gold embossed a sentiment from the PTI set O Holy Night.
You have until 7/24 to link up your Nativity CAS Christmas Card -  check out all the inspiration over at the CAS Christmas Blog!   You know you want to get your cards done before December right??!  Here's your chance to start!


Stamps:  O Holy Night - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI, Kraft Stock Metallic - Tim Holtz/Idea-olgy.
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Nativity Dies - Sizzix, Noted: Scalloped Square Die - PTI, Gold Embossing Powder - Ranger, heat tool, Tombow Glue.

13 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the delicate white Nativity on the gold stitched circle, Julia! So pretty on the white scalloped card too! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Marcia Hill said...

Awwwww...such a sweet card Julia!! I love the scalloped square shape, and the die cut stable and holy family is CAS perfection! Loving those inlaid gold halos too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, the image is beautiful in the simplicity of white and gold and love the scalloped square shape.

Barb Ghig said...

Such an elegant card, Julia! I love the white nativity scene and how the gold circle peeks through...Love your scalloped square card base, too...so lovely! xx

Loll said...

Beautiful design Julia! Love the white and gold, always elegant. The scalloped border is so pretty. xx

Linda said...

So pretty in the white and gold, Julia. Beautiful card.

Colleen said...

A striking card with the white card base and the die cut in white with the gold halos...beautiful card!

Bonnie said...

I love the simple elegance of this, Julia! What a beautiful die set! And thanks so much for my birthday card! I love the sweet and cheerful mushrooms! You helped to make my birthday a special day!

Trina P. said...

Gold and white is a classy color combo and perfect for this sweet holy family die. Beautiful card and CAStastic design.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What and elegant CAS Nativity card, Julia! Love the minimum color combo with a very simply die-cut Nativity scene. The gold inlaid halos are tiny but so effective!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

So elegant and what a fabulous die cut....CAS perfection x.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

BEautiful in white with the touches of gold. Am enjoying your garden from afar too! Hugs, mf!

Susan said...

I'm very late commenting on the DT CAS Christmas cards as my computer died and it took a while to get a new one and get it up and running! Love that very CAS nativity die - such an artsy look with the bits of gold in the white. Also love the scalloped edges of the card.