Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Let's Celebrate

Playing around today with some products, inspired by Tim Holtz recent Saturday videos.


The base of my panel is Matte Black Alcohol Ink Card Stock (which I've had for ages and never tried using it!).   The pattern was made using Ranger Distress Oxide Spray in Mermaid Lagoon and Fossilized Amber and Dylusion White Linen Ink Spray.

I poured (not sprayed) some of each of the sprays onto my craft mat close to each other but not mixing. Then  I smooshed the black AI cardstock onto the colors.   I lifted up the card to see how it looked and then smooshed some areas that hadn't gotten covered into the sprays on the mat again.

The cardstock was twice the size as this panel - so I got two cards (both slightly different looking!) from the one smoosh.   Obviously every time you do this it will come out differently!

The sentiment is Metallic Sticker/Quotations from Idea-ology.

I'm linking my card to:




 Country View Challenges - Do What Makes You Happy
Using products I've had sitting in my craft room untouched makes me happy!




Paper:  Matte Black Alcohol Ink Card Stock - Ranger, white - PTI
Accessories:  Ranger Distress Oxide Sprays Mermaid Lagoon, Fossilized Amber, Dylusion White Linen Ink Spray, craft mat, Metallic Stickers/Quotations - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.

14 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such a cool card Julia! It is such a win when you can get two cards out of one technique! I was so intrigued by this when I saw it in our gallery at Seize the Birthday I had to come by for a better look. Thanks so much for playing along.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - great background with the AIs on black, Julia - love this!!

Christine Alexander said...

Wow Julia, what an amazing look with the oxide sprays smooshed, looks like a running stream over rocks.

Loll said...

AMAZING! What a gorgeous smooshed panel Julia. The simple black banner sentiment is a perfect way of finishing the card. I have not played much with my DOX inks. They are gorgeous on black! xx

Bonnie said...

What a great way to use sprays, especially since my spraying always leaves me with a mess! Love these colors and the black peeking through. Thanks for the inspiration!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Beautiful colors against the black..........and a TWOFER! Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an amazing technique! I love how it all came out.Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Cathy said...

Wow! Your smooshing with sprays has created a stunning background Julia, what a great card. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday too, Cathy x

Mac Mable said...

Unique and glorious background, using the oxides poured and smooshed and a very artsy card x.

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! I can’t believe the results you got with this technique! I thought you painted this scene! Amazing card! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, what an amazing smoothed background, Julia! I love the wonderful color blend and the interesting visual texture!
I bought 2 bags of Matte Black AI cardstock by mistake a few months ago, and I didn't know what to do with them. You inspired me again (and again)! Thank you so much!!
Hideko xx

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning....simply stunning! What a gorgeous background, so beautiful. Thank you so much for playing along with at Time Out!

Nonni said...

Beautiful background, this looks like some expensive marbel! Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

This is what I love about commenting on challenge entries, you come across things you've never seen before, like ink smooshing with Distress Oxide sprays!! This looks so cool and I would never think to add white into the mix as well but it definitely gives that 'marble' effect. The colours are gorgeous together and keeping it simple with a little sentiment was such a good idea. You've inspired me to give it a go and I'm so happy you joined us at TIME OUT!