Monday, July 27, 2020

Eileen Hull's New Snowman Box Die - On a Notebook Journal!

For the month of July, Eileen Hull's Inspiration Team has been sharing their creations using Eileen's newly released dies - Snowman Box and Mitten Box.
Today I'm using the Snowman Box - but not the box part!  I'm using him on the cover of my journal - made using Eileen's Notebook Die and some fun Belagio Cork Fabric.
Here's a view of the back cover.
I adhered sheets of ScorTape to the black chipboard and then adhered the golden cork fabric to the matboard.  I die cut the Notebook cover from this piece.
I added the double sided adhesive to another piece of black matboard and adhered a piece of Belagio black and silver Cork Fabric to it , die cutting the Snowman pieces out of this piece.
You can see that the the scored binding goes through both the matboard and the cork fabric and it bends easily.
I put the snowman together, cutting his nose from the Snowman die and two of a little flower die from Eileen's Floral Arch and Words thinlits Die out of the gold Cork Fabric - using the flowers on his hat and scarf.
I die cut 12 pieces of winter patterned paper using Eileen's Credit Card Sleeve and Tags Thinlits Die set to use on the pages of my journal.
To make the pages in my journal, I cut 6 pieces of watercolor paper 7" x 4 3/4", scored at 3 1/2" on the 7" side making 2 signatures of 6 pages.
I stamped different snow/winter sentiments on each page.


Below is the middle of the first signature and you can see the purple elastic cord I used to hold the signatures in.  I wrapped it around to the outside of the binding and tied a knot.





Below is the center of the 2nd signature and you see the 2nd binding cord.


I added two Hitch Fasteners to the front and back covers for the closure, punching a hole with my Cropadile and makiing a loop with a small piece of the purple elastic cord.   I put the back loop under the fastener base as I screwed it in, to hold the knotted loop on the back cover.
I painted a metal Snowflake Adornment with Patina Blue Fluorite from Ranger and tied it to a knot on the outside binding with a piece of thick black thread.
This little notebook measures 5"x 3.5"
For more inspiration using Eileen's fun new winter dies - please check out her blog every Wednesday where she gather's the projects from her Inspiration Team.

You can also join Eileen on her twice weekly Facebook Live shows at Eileen Hull Designs – Tuesdays at 6:00 pm EST and Thursdays at 4:00 pm EST. Become a member of the Eileen Hull Fan Club-  a friendly, talented and encouraging community of crafty folks.  You can also find Eileen on FacebookInstagram and Pinterest.

I'm linking my Notebook to:


Stamps:  In the Meadow, Wonderful Words: Snow Stamp Set - Papertrey Ink, Winter Alison Bomber EAB05 - PaperArtsy, Nature's Wonder - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous.
Ink:  Enchanted Evening, True Black - PTI, Hero Hues Black.
Paper:  Black Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, Water color paper - Canson,  North Wind 6"x6" Paper Pad - Craft and You.
Accessories: Snowman Box Die, Notebook Die, Floral Arch and Words Thinlit dies, Credit Card Sleeve and Tags Thinlits dies - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Belagio Cork Fabric - Amazon,  Cropadile, black half pearls, purple elastic cord, Snowflake Adornments, Hitch Fasteners - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, ScorTape 6" x 6" double sided adhesive sheets, Patina Blue Fluorite Paint - Ranger.

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow ....what a unique and amazing journal and great idea to use the snowman....without the box x. Thank you for the step by steps, which I enjoyed reading x.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful journal, Julia! Looks like a lot of work but so worth it!! The cover looks amazing with the corkboard and the snowman!!

Bonnie said...

You have outdone yourself, my friend! What a wonderful little Christmas book filled with meaningful little sentiments! Something to be treasured!

nancy littrell said...

beautiful Christmas Journal book, Julia. It would be a wonderful work of art to add to your Christmas decor every year. TFS all your photos and detailed description. You are so creative, my friend. Stay Safe and Creative. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Lisa Hoel said...

Gotta love the cork fabric! Your snowman notebook is so cute Julia. =)

Loll said...

LOVE this Christmas journal, Julia! First, that snowman is adorable and looks perfect on the front of the journal. The cork fabrick is absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE the papers you've used to create your pages. Very special keepsake journal! xx

eileen hull said...

So elegant Julia! I love how you used black chipboard as a base and also that is a cool closure- I am always looking for something simple but effective <3