Saturday, March 21, 2020

Cards for Seniors

Today's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers is to be inspired by something found at Ellen Hutson's shop and/or blog.  

I buy lots of my crafting stamps and supplies from Ellen's company - she has great sales and offers discounts to good customers.  

I also found on her blog today that she has put out a call to send her cards made for Seniors who are socially isolated in Assisted Living Homes or Nursing Homes.  One random person who links up the card they are sending will win a $35 gift certificate to Ellen Hutson you have to link up by 3/29/2020. Check out all the details on  her blog post here.

I will be sending her two of these cards I've made today and three more will be sent to people in my church who are home bound.
I used Julie Ebersole's cute little bear and sentiment from All Inside, both the stamps and dies are from Ellen Hutson
I die cut the card base using Noted: Scalloped Square die from PTI.  The sentiment I used inside is from Bear Hugs also by PTI.
Here are a few process photos.
I die cut the bears out of water color paper and then stamped them using Obsidian Dye Ink from Altenew.  I dried the ink with my heat tool to be sure it wouldn't run when I water colored the bears.
I did the same thing with one of the heart stamps and dies in the set.  The heart slips into the bears arms as the die cuts around the arms - so fun!
I hope you are all well, keeping your social distance and enjoying your time in your homes as best as you can.  I am thankful that we are still able to get out in the sunshine and walk around in the fresh air.  
I am also very thankful for our wonderful stamping/blogging community where we can still stay in touch, share our concerns and encourage each other!
Thank you Ellen, for giving us a way to share our love of cardmaking with those who will be delighted to receive them!

Stamps:  All Inside - Julie Ebersole/Ellen Hutson, Bear Hugs - PTI
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Canson, white - PTI, Playful Patterns Valentine Paper Pad - Taylored Expressions.
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories:  All Inside Dies - Julie Ebersole/Ellen Hutson, Noted: Scalloped Square die - PTI, Marigold and Calendula water color paints - Ruby Mountain Paint Co., Red Watercolor paint - Kuretake, foam dots, paint brush, water.

7 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Such adorable cards and I love how the cute bear is holding the heart. Such a friendly thing to do and I am sure they will be really appreciated x. I couldn't agree more with your comment at the end Julia. Stay safe and well too x.

nancy littrell said...

All your sweet bears and cheerful greetings will bring smiles to the elderly folks. TFS Julia. Hugs..Nancy

Dotty Jo said...

Gorgeous cards - what a sweet idea, Jo x

Bonnie said...

What a great idea, Julia, and a perfect design to show the love!

Darnell said...

Love this post, too, sis! Great cards and a great cause, dear to my own heart. I haven't heard that Ellen was also doing cards for seniors. Bless her and you and everyone who is participating this way. My heart really goes out to these forgotten souls. They are emotional victims of this terrible virus, just like children are. They don't understand what is happening. Thank goodness we have each other in Blogland and we can make cards to make people feel less forgotten. Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is my favorite stamp and die set, Julia! (I love the bear holds a heart or other items in his hands) The scalloped square card base is so cute. Such pretty cards for a great cause!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Your bear cards are adorable Julia! They are really going to brighten the days of those that can't get out. You are so generous! xx