Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Ballerina Bunny on Stage

Today I'm sharing a cute little Easter decoration (or very fancy 3D card!)  using Eileen Hull's new Display Stand Die.  This month many of her Inspiration Team are creating Spring things using either her Display Stand or her Gift Box dies
(see my Bunny Box here if you missed it last week?!)

So I've been in the Easter mode lately making cards and decorations for a sale at my church 
(which may now not happen with churches not holding services due to the Coronavirus - but that's another story!)

I just love the Display Stand Die and I had the Tim Holtz new Bunny Hop bunny dies on my work table, and I suddenly thought the stand could become a 'stage' for one of the bunnies -
and so THIS happened.
You can see the 3 layers of foam dots adhering the bunny to the back of the stand.
And the two layers of foam dots adhering the egg and sentiment.
A view from the back - which I left as plain matboard.
Here are a few photos showing how I put this together.
I die cut the Display Stand out of Little Sizzles White Matboard.  Then I die cut the two end sections out of polka dot DP and glued the pieces onto the die cut.
To make the tutu for the bunny, I cut two pieces of white netting from my stash.  Each piece measured 5 1/2" x 1 1/2".  I colored the white netting by spraying it with Seedless Preserves Distress Spray Stain.
I layered the two pieces together and hand sewed a running stitch along the top edge and pulled it in to gather it.
I wrapped the tutu around the bunny and tied the threads in a knot on the back.  I trimmed off a bit of the netting along the bottom to the length I wanted.
I stamped and die cut the large Nestability egg using a Nested Egg stamp from Waltzingmouse (retired).  I colored the ears and nose of the bunny with Copics and made her eyes with a 01 Micron black pen.  I sponged the edges of both pieces with Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink.
I die cut the net die from Impression Obsession and layered it to the Display Stand to give the suggestion of a basket.  I layered the egg and bunny onto the upright piece with thick foam dots.  I layered two of the foam dots for the egg and three for the bunny.
I added the pom pom ribbon along the top to look like the curtain on the stage and along the bottom to look like the footlights!  I stamped the sentiment on a die cut label and adhered it to the egg with two thick foam dots. I added enamel dots to the egg and an enamel heart to the sentiment.
Please check out Eileen's Blog every Wednesday where all of the weekly projects by various members of her Inspiration Team will be posted.  You'll find a lot of creative inspiration for using Eileen's Sizzix Dies!

I'm linking my project to:
Anything Goes

Anything Goes

Anything Goes



Stamps:  Nestie Eggs - Waltzingmouse (retired), Happy - Penny Black
Paper:  White Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, White Card, Bitty Big Pale Peony DP - PTI, Tan Kraft Core - Core-dinations.
Ink:  Baby Pink, Hydrangea, Ocean Waves, Obsidian - Altenew, Ranger Distress Antique Linen.
Accessories:  Display Stand Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Nested Egg Dies - Nestabilities, Bunny Hop dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Fish Net Die - Impression Obsession, Jar Labels - PTI,  white netting from stash, Seedless Preserves Distress Spray Stain - Ranger, purple embroidery thread, embroidery needle, pom pom ribbon - American Crafts, enamel dots - Altenew, thick foam dots, 01 Micron Black pen, Copics R20, W2 Tombow Glue

7 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Julia so cute :)

Bonnie said...

How fun, Julia! I love all the different textures and that bunny is adorable! I hope your church can find a way to have the sale.

Arlene said...

Oh My Gosh, This is just too cute for words! I'm still enjoying your card while writing here. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our challenge this month.

Mac Mable said...

What a fun dancing bunny and one amazing egg....A fun and creative project x.

Let's Art Journal said...

Love this, it really made me smile! The bunny is fabulous, it's a great way to use that die - perfect 😁. Wishing you a happy weekend! Stay safe and healthy! Hugs, Jo x

Judy McKay said...

Adorable. The card is so much fun. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artist this month. Judy DT

Art by Zowie Dixon said...

Oh so delightful Julia, I love your card! I'm sorry I am late commenting but thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Hugs, Zowie xx

Arty Divas DT

Crafts from the Fairy Den {My Blog}