Sunday, June 2, 2019

Dream Wish Believe

I have just recently discovered the beautiful Lavinia Stamps -  and more recently found there is a Lavinia World Biweekly Challenge!   So today I'm joining in their first challenge "Anything Goes" with this card.
I used the beautiful Eden fairy stamp today, stamping it in black over a white panel that I sponged with Ranger Distress Twisted Cintron and Mermaid Lagoon.
The background was a piece on my worktable - a failed attempt at Alcohol Lift through a stencil -  but it was perfect as the backdrop for my fairy today!

I'm posting just in time for the first challenge -  the deadline is tomorrow!

Stamps:  Eden - Lavinia Stamps, Let the Wind Carry You - Altenew
Paper:  White, True Black - PTI Yupo
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Twisted Cintron and Mermaid Lagoon, Green Alcohol Inks, Alcohol Lift Ink Reinker.
Accessories:  Enamel Dots - Altenew, 1" Circle Punch Feathered Leaves Stencil - Altenew, foam dots.

12 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

I love the Lavinia stamps, they're perfect for all those gelli print backgrounds. Amazing card Julia :)

Nonnie's Cards and Gifts said...

This is beautiful- I love the color combination. Thanks for joining us at Lavinia World.

Donna Ellis said...

Wow, Julia! Take a look at those fabulous colors! I love the mysterious background and the darling way Eden Fairy is reaching out to more closely view the item in need of her attention. Beautifully done! Such a pleasure to see your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Bonnie said...

Love that background and the sponged panel with the sweet fairy!

Lori Kobular said...

Gorgeous card! I love the colors you used and that background paper sure doesn't look like a failed attempt to me ~ it is amazing and goes perfectly with the Fairy! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World's 1st Challenge! Good Luck and I hope you join us in future challenges!

Steph Ackerman said...

Gorgeous card, such wonderful colors. No mistakes here - love seeing how you turned this into a wonderful card.

Anne Temple said...

Wow, this is gorgeous and that background does look perfect with this (so it definitely wasn't a failed attempt!). Love your colors too. So glad you discovered Lavinia World Challenges and shared your amazing project with us. We look forward to seeing more of your wonderful works in the future. :-)

Mac Mable said...

That background sure is perfect for that wonderful silhouette fairy. Wonderful colours and a stunning and beautiful card x.

Loll said...

Gorgeous card Julia. LOVE the stenciled background and your beautifully blended main panel with the silhouette image. Adding the blending to the circle sentiment ties it in perfectly. So creative! xx

Lisa said...

This is so incredibility gorgeous, Julia!! The background looks amazing!! I love the colors!! And Eden is so beautiful!! I'm so glad you played along with the Lavinia World Challenge!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Karen Dunbrook said...

looks amazing mf.
x Karen

Words and Pictures said...

Well, I had to check out the special mention too, didn't I?! Really amazing depth of colour - such a gorgeous setting for this delicate faerie.
Alison x