Monday, June 10, 2019

Dearest Friend

I'm joining in again with the Lavinia World Challenges - every two weeks the new challenge is Anything Goes - using clear or rubber stamps (preferably Lavinia stamps but not necessary) and no digi's.

I was thrilled to receive honorable mention for my entry into their first challenge!
I am entranced by these Lavinia stamps - and today I used the beautiful Sebastian the Seahorse as well as the Miniature Group of Hearts stamp.
I masked my white panel and inked the blue strip using Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass.  I removed the mask and then stenciled over the panel using the Bubbly Stencil from Frantic Stamper using Twisted Cintron.  I used my Misti to stamp Sebastian so I could re-stamp if it didn't stamp completely the first time.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Scripted by PTI and the hearts above it. I added  three clear glass bubbles and called it done!

I'm linking my card to:




Stamps:  Sebastian the Seahorse, Miniature Group of Hearts - Lavinia Stamps, Scripted - PTI
Paper:  white, Green Parakeet - PTI
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Ranger Distress Tumbled Glass and Twisted Cintron
Accessories: masking tape, Bubbly Stencil - Frantic Stamper, Misti stamp positione.

18 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Julia!

Lori Kobular said...

I am so glad you joined us again for the Lavinia World Challenge #2! Your card is so lovely! I love the colors you used to showcase Sebastian! Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge #2!

Julie Odil said...

Julia, this is beautiful! Your masking is wonderful, and I love Sebastian! Thanks for joining us for our 2nd challenge at the Lavinia World Challenge Blog. Julie, DT member

Christine Alexander said...

so pretty Julia, great stencilling and masking and Sebastian is so cute :)

Mac Mable said...

Love the colour combination on the background strip and the stencilling. Fabulous stamp and a wonderful card x.

Donna Ellis said...

WOWOW! Julia, I am in love with your design showing a fluid movement, and yet, so much "white space." I'm definitely casing your idea (hope you don't mind!) Loving the tropical color choices with the hearts and seahorse standing out in black. It's an amazing creation! Such a pleasure to see your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Sharli Schaitberger said...

I love this sea horse, Julia! Sebastian is a beautiful image - well done!!

Darnell said...

Wow, sis, you just get more amazing with each creation! I haven't been around for what seems like ages so I've had a scroll and now my jaw is dislocated hanging on my chest, which isn't easy, considering my chest is hanging on my shoes! I know I've said this before, but I so wish you and Annie could get together and have a play. You are like two peas in a pod and I love and admire you both!! Hugs, Darnell

Inkyfingers said...

I love all the gorgeous detail on this handsome seahorse Julia and you inking and stencilling shows him off beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM

Bonnie said...

I am not at all surprised you got honorable mention for your last Lavinia Stamps card, Julia. It was awesome! And so is this. I love how you've layered the mixed media and colors and still kept it beautifully CAS! Love that seahorse too!

LeAnne said...

This is a wowzer for sure! What a cool image, and your background is amazing!

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful card Julia, I am playing around with those stamps too...lots of fun.
xx Karen

Alina Florea said...

Absolutely ADORABLE! Such an elegant and chic card! Thank you for playing with us over at Lavinia World Challenge! Best of luck, Alina DT

Kim Heggins said...

This is gorgeous...love your fabulous seahorse.

Steph Ackerman said...

Love this seahorse and your background.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love this, Julia. Wonderful seahorse image positioned on that strip of blue with all of those marvelous bubbles. Wonderful creation to go with our challenge cue. Thanks so much for playing at Time Out.

Lynn said...

Love that beautiful silhouette image! It is gorgeous against the color palette you choose.

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Words and Pictures said...

What a stunning stamp, and a beautifully composed CAS card. Congratulations on your previous honorable mention... they're going to have a tough time not to mention you every time if you create delights like this!
Alison x