Thursday, August 16, 2018

A Birthday Sunflower

Today I have a summer birthday card with a lovely watercolored sunflower to share.
I embossed the image with Tree Branch Embossing Powder to give it a subtle outline for my watercoloring.  I watercolored with Ranger Distress Inks, rubbing each ink on my craft mat and dipping a wet brush into the color.  I used Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Scattered Straw for the flower and background and Twisted Cintron for the leaves.  I used just a spot of Walnut Stain to color the center where the seeds would be!   I also embossed the sentiment with the same Tree Branch EP.

I'm linking my card to the following challenges:



One Layer Card



Stamps:  Botanical Blocks - PTI
Ink:  Versamark, Ranger Distress Spiced Marmalade, wild Honey, Scattered Straw, Twisted Cintron, Walnut Stain.
Paper:  Water Color Paper - Canson
Accessories:  Craft Mat, brush, water, heat tool, Wendy Vecchi/Ranger Tree Branch Embossing Powder.

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Julia! What a beautiful sunflower!!! And perfect for those other challenges as well! Thanks so much for playing with my colors this week!

Christine Alexander said...

Julia, what a wonderful sunflower. Love the colours :)

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card Julia! Love the image you used and had to chuckle as I had set out all my sunflower stamps, dies, and stencils when we first started this challenge, and I completely forgot that I have the PTI image you used too until I saw your card...think I have too many stamps! But anyway, your card is just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

JoAnn said...

Beautiful sunflower card with great watercolroing. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Bonnie said...

I love this sunflower and your bright colors, Julia! Great idea to emboss it with the Tree Branch EP! Nice wash in the background too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

What a wonderful sunflower image! Love the bright yellows and oranges with the subtle embossing powder colour! Nice soft wash around the flower. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous heat embossed and painted sunflower, Julia. Your beautifully framed card deserves a permanent frame my friend. TFS Hugs...

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous sunflower stamp and I love all that wonderful white space around it. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

laurie said...

How beautiful! The sunflower looks gorgeous in watercolor. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Loll said...

So pretty Julia. The embossing powder is light and really makes the details of your bright watercolouring stand out. So pretty! Love the delicate wash in the background. And beautifully framed image too. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Aileen said...

Julia such a beautiful card, love the heat embossed sunflower and the gentle colours you have used. Such a wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Karen Dunbrook said...

how lovely mf...the gold eb just elevates this card to elegance.
Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS Watercolour Challenge.
:) Karen

Bobby said...

I used this same stamp for my CAS Watercolor card, Julia, and it looks entirely different with the colors of embossing powder and Distress Inks we chose. I love that about watercoloring. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at The Flower Challenge.