Saturday, June 7, 2008

An Asian Inspiration

It hit 100 degrees here today - from 56 yesterday - what a jump! We had a wedding to attend this morning but luckily the church was still cool and the reception was on the lower floor - so it was quite comfortable. But the temperature just kept going up all day. I did some weeding and transplanting in my gardens this afternoon and it was brutal out there - a beautiful sunny day if you didn't have to do anything but sit in the shade and sip mint julips (what are mint julips anyway??!!!)

My card today was made for the Inspiration challenge on Split Coast. Stef gave us pictures of a beautifully done bedroom from a magazine. I chose the closet panels in this picture for inspiration. As soon as I saw it - I knew what stamps I would use and what I was going to do.
I had to make my card 6x6 card to accomodate these large Asian panel stamps by Stamp Oasis - the one on the left is called Spring and the one on the right is Fall. I used my new narrow rectangle nestabilities to dry emboss the woodwork framing (see, I DID need to get those!) and some Stampin Up hardware brads for the door knobs (a gift from my SCS and blogging friend LeAnne - Thank you! ) I used Color Box ice blue chalk ink on Very Vanilla with Buckaroo Blue panels. It's all mounted on a piece of speckled vanilla that was in an SU designer 12 x 12 pack.
This is a very simple card but I love the way it came out - just like I envisioned it - I love when that happens - don't you!!?

Thanks for checking in with me today! I should be back tomorrow with a card for the Featured Stamper challenge.

Stamps: Stamp Oasis
Paper: Speckled White, Buckaroo Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Color Box Chalk Ice Blue
Accessories: SU hardware brads, dimensionals, narrow rectangle nestabilities, cuttlebug machine

7 comments:

Kim Gasper said...

This is so pretty. I love how you dry embossed the edges and added the brads for doorknobs.

Renee said...

This is gorgeous! I love the look and especially the brads....you did great :)

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! Love those doorknobs. How fun!

Deb Wood said...

Wow, this is stunning, love the door knobs too~ Wicked Cool!

Kim Gasper said...

Hi Julia,
Thanks for visiting my blog. Someone else told me about that drink up challenge at Caardvarks. It's a new site to me. I've already uploaded the card there. Thanks for thinking of it and letting me know.

Jennifer Moore said...

I believe a mint julep is mint leaves ground with sugar (abrasive action) and then you add bourbon and some kind of spritzer/liquid (simple syrup maybe?).

I really liked the bible verse on frame

Linsey R said...

oh, this is fabulous! wonderfully creative design from the beautiful inspiration piece! I didn't do it yet, but I will-it's so great! And I really love your card!