Thursday, March 13, 2008

Genuine Grunge


Well........ today's card is a first for me - I actually made a 'grunge' card. The challenge on Split Coast was to make a card using only designer paper no card stock - accept for the card base. I needed a masculine card so thought I'd use Stampin Up's Classic Pickup's set - which I love!

Then I went looking for DP and found my Cosmo Cricket Halfway Cafe paper and it included a sheet of journaling designs. This piece had the tag and sentiment printed right on it so all I had to do was stamp and color the truck. I didn't start out thinking I would do a grunge card - it just sort of evolved - I guess based on the already antique look of the DP. First I distressed the edges, then I tore some of the edges and I sponged Chocoloate Chip Ink over all the edges. I even distressed some of the card edges. I was OUT OF CONTROL!!

I wouldn't usually add ribbon to a 'guy' card - but this dark red with black edge ribbon seemed to work here. I also added a piece of hemp. The card actually looks like it went through a fire doesn't it!!??

So - I ventured out into unknown territory today - and I survived! So while grunge is not my favorite technique - I see that I am able to do it on occasion!

I'm going to be offering some blog candy later next week - my counter hit 2000!! and I'm overdue to offer thanks - so keep checking back! I just have to organize myself and I've got several things going on the next 5 days.

Stamps: Classic Pickups: SU
Paper: Kraft, DP CosmoCricket Halfway Cafe
Ink: Azure Stazon, Choc Chip
Accessories: Sponge, dimensionals, ribbon, hemp, distresser, brad
Techniques: distressing, grunge

3 comments:

Donna Baker said...

very nice card! masculine is usually a challenge for me. Thank for leaving a comment on my blog, now I found yours!

Linsey R said...

LOVE it! You know I love that grungy, distressed look and this really hits the spot! I love how it almost looks burnt around the edges and the perfect ribbon and twine mix, so cool! What a super image too! Perfect for that hard-to-get masuline look! great card!

dpkennedy said...

Super cool card...lvoe the grunge! Big congrats on 2000! Woo Hoo to the next 2000!!