Saturday, March 1, 2008

Blue Easter Blessings

Happy Saturday everyone! It snowed here last night a little bit - but now it's spitting rain and there is a layer of slush on the driveway that dear husband is pushing off while I make my cards!

Today's card is in direct contrast to yesterday's simple card. There's a lot going on here with the fence, the flowers, the layers and panels. I made this card for the Inspiration challenge on Split Coast that they have every Saturday. The inspiration piece was a blue & white room seen below.


It's funny how everyone will pick out some different piece that gives them an idea for a card. Check out the gallery on SCS where everyone has posted their cards here. I was inspired by the fence backboard on the bed, the white rug on the floor, the checked bedspread and the oval mirror on the wall.

I used my sizzix die to cut the fence and stamped the grass on the dp as well as the fence. I highlighted some lines on the fence with my grey Prismacolor marker. The flowers are glued on and a drop of Stickles marks the centers to give a little shimmer. The fence is attached with dimensionals.

My bunny is part of a longer stamp by Rubbernecker that also has carrots on it but I just punched out the bunny part for today's card with my nestability oval. The white panel went through my cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder (I just love this new folder!) I added the white dots to the Dp with a white gel pen.

The sentiment from Rubber Soul is just stamped right on the blue panel with Pitch Black Adirondack ink.

Come by again later today to see some fun ideas for Easter Cards!

Stamps: Bunny:Rubbernecker, Sentiment: Rubber Soul, Grass: Sutter Enterprises
Paper: Bashful Blue, White Papertray, unknown DP
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Pitch Black Adirondack
Accessories: Cuttlebug folder, nestabilities, Stickles Crystal Ice, flowers, white gel pen, ribbon, dimensionals, sizzix fence die, prismacolor markers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julia,
That fence is something else. I like how you put all those flowers along it!
Elizabeth