Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Bit of Ric Rac

I made this card for the Ways to Use It Challenge on Split Coast - to use Ric Rac on your card.

I nested 2 rows of ric rac behind my cute little paper pieced elephant which is from the Bitty Baby Blessings set from PapertreyInk. I framed him on Nestability cut and embossed rectangles. I used a Martha Stewart edge punch for the top and bottom 'valences' and mounted them with foam dimensionals.
Here is a close up view of the little ellie showing the popped up paper piecing with a second layer for his ear. The way you do this is - first stamp the image on the card stock piece, then stamp it on the designer paper, cut it out and layer it to the card stock image. You can attach it flat or popped up with foam dimensionals - I used dimensionals. I particularly stamped over the words on the designer paper so that 'Baby' was on the ear piece and 'Cutie' was in the center of his body.
Inside I stamped "welcome little one" by Savvy Stamps.
I'm posting really late tonight so I have to run off to bed - but thank you so much for stopping by!

Stamps: PTI: Bitty Baby Blessings, Welcome Little One - Savvy Stamps
Paper: Very Vanilla: SU, SP: Imaginisce - Baby Powder, Basic Grey
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: rectangle nestabilities, ric rac: Michaels, Martha Stewart edge punch, foam dimensionals

7 comments:

Denise said...

Wow! This is just gorgeous! I love the soft, sweet colors and your placement of the ric-rac. What a perfect baby card!!

LeAnne said...

So cute! I love the way you have raised your borders on the card....you are just so creative!
LeAnne

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!

Deb Wood said...

Totally adorable!!

~amy~ said...

What a sweet card Julia! The paper piecing is perfect...

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a CUTE card! I love this DP (:

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWWW - I love baby cards and this one is super duper adorable!!!