Thursday, April 13, 2023

A Carrot or 7 Cookies?

 I just received some Happy Mail and wanted to use some of it right away and made this card.

I used a blender brush to ink lightly though the Leaves in the Wind stencil from Carabelle.  I die cut the carrot - Lovely Layers Carrots from Honey Bee - adhered the pieces together and layered it over the stenciling.  I stamped the sentiment, Eat 7 Cookies from Rubbernecker, next to the carrot.

It's a hot summer's day here in MA today 85 degrees!  

But it's fleeting - we're predicted to be back in the 50's over the weekend - CRAZY!!

I'm linking my card to:

Addicted to CAS




Optional Theme: Patterns



New stencil, new carrot die, 1st time using sentiment stamp! - a trifecta!




Stamps: Eat 7 Cookies - Rubbernecker
Paper: White, Orange Zest - PTI, Easter Grass - Bazzill
Ink: Ranger Distress Peeled Paint, Nocturne Versafine Claire
Accessories: Lovely Layers Carrots - Honey Bee, Leaves in the Wind Stencil - Carabelle

11 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

Loving your carrot Julia and the way you made it look so elegant with that gorgeous stencil and added a touch of comedy with the sentiment! You made a perfect card with your new stash! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun sentiment! This is terrific, Julia!

Diane said...

What a super fun card and sentiment, love that fun carrot!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Loll said...

Sweet card Julia!! LOVE that stencil ... now I need to go shopping! :) Wow, warm day there. It's sunny here, but only 12C (approx. 54F). xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Ha, ha - love the sentiment with that fun carrot, Julia! And what a fabulous stencil too!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Of course I laughed at the sentiment! Super fun card. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

Christine Alexander said...

Love this card, the sentiment is so funny and the carrot is perfect :)

Bonnie said...

Ha! My sentiments exactly! Your carrot is such fun and looks so good on that stenciling!

Susan said...

A perfect card for the garden challenge. And it made me laugh out loud. Lovely stencilled background for the carrot!

Jaydee said...

I love the background, and that sentiment is everything! I love that you paired it with a very healthy carrot! Thanks for making me smile, and for joining us at Addicted to CAS this week
Jaydee

Kristin Sluhan said...

Such a great card! I love the background and the cute carrot. Thanks for visiting my blog!