Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Buffalo Plaid Peace

 One more Christmas Card!  I just love Buffalo Plaid and tried to create that look on this card.

I stenciled the plaid over red card with Black Soot Dox ink using a Mini Plaid Stencil from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous. I stamped the bear, tree and sentiment from Great Outdoors set, also from Tim and SA, in black on white card, fussy cut the images and punched the sentiment, layering them over the plaid with foam dots.

I made dots of snow with snowy white Nuvo.

I'm linking my card to:

 Stencil Fun Challenge


Anything Christmas


Snow/Ice - Layers - Celebration




Stamps: Great Outdoors - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous

Paper: white - PTI, Red Hots - Bazzill

Ink: Ranger Distress Oxide Black Soot

Accessories: Mini Plaid Stencil - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous, Word Window Punch - SU, foam dots, blender brush, Gloss Simply White - Nuvo Crystal Drops

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the rustic feel to this one, Julia!!

Stef Perry said...

Love the rustic feel of your beautiful card, Julia, plus how can you go wrong with a black on red Buffalo Plaid?! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed the buffalo plaid, Julia! Terrific card!

Bonnie said...

Your plaid is so perfect that I was surprised to read that you stenciled it! Wow! A perfect resting place for this rustic scene! Thank you for the lovely embossed and cut ornament, my friend. I love it!

Diane said...

Wow, awesome card and stenciled plaid!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Susan said...

Great rustic card! Love the plaid background!

Loll said...

Great buffalo plaid (also one of my favourites!). Love this card Julia! xx

Christine Alexander said...

your black on red plaid is gorgeous as a background - Love the card ♥
Thank you for my Christmas card :)