Friday, June 10, 2022

Stencil Butter Sympathy

 I was excited to see that Loll started up the CAS Mix Up challenges after a 3 month hiatus.  Loll is the hostess this month and her challenge is to use pastes or gels through a stencil.


I have lots of pastes and gels that I don't use very often (!).  Never the less, I recently purchased some new Stencil Butter (mostly because the name sounded good enough to spread on toast!)

So that's what I pulled out to use for this challenge - Chartreuse Stencil Butter and Turquoise Stencil Butter.  I started with the Turquoise - spreading it over just part of the stencil with a palette knife and then tried to spread the Chartreuse over the open bits - of course the colors got blended a bit - but I love how it ended up! The stencil is Flower Mask from Lavinia.

I added the layered die cut sympathy and some Majestic Crystals.

The challenge is open until 6/24 and you'll find it here.


Paper:  Water color - Canson Cold Press, White, True Black - PTI.
Accessories:  Chartreuse and Turquoise Stencil Butters - The Crafters Workshop, Flower Mask Stencil - Lavinia, palette knife, Majestic Crystals - Prima.

7 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Gorgeous card using your new Chartreuse and Turquoise Stencil Butters, Julia. I need to check them out. I have been using my Dream Weaver Paste..it is white, but I can add color. I like it because even though I have had it for several years it has never dried out. It is a bit thinner than other pastes I have had and it spreads easily with a palette knife. How about your Stencil Butters? I love learning about new..to me products:-) I will check out your butters..TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

This is so beautiful Julia! I LOVE your pretty stencil. Looks amazing with the stencil butter (LOVE that name too!). The colours are beautiful and blended together so well. xx

Bonnie said...

Wow! The stencil butter sounds so creamy and the colors are gorgeous! This is a perfect stencil for this technique! So glad you joined us at CAS Mix Up!

Christine Alexander said...

ha, ha, ha Julia the perfect reason to buy a craft product - the name :) we've all done it. Love the effect you got with your stencil butter. I might just have to try that out- 2 reasons now - you have it and I love the name xxx

Marcia Hill said...

What a BEAUTIFUL card Julia!! I love the way the 2 colors of your stencil butter (LOVE that name too!!!) blended together! The colors look fabulous together and work so perfectly with that stencil too. Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Viv said...

Love these colours Julia! A gorgeous card. x

Brenda in IN said...

Those colors are stunning, Julia. The name stencil butter sounds delicious, doesn't it. I would want to have some too! The stencil you used is really pretty and you got wonderful results.