Friday, June 3, 2022

June CAS Christmas Card Challenge

 We are so excited that, after 3 month hiatus, Loll has re-started the CAS Christmas Card Challenges!  So we are in over-drive to get all our needed cards made before the panic in December!  

Linda is our creative host for June and she wants us to use a wreath in our CAS design!

And here is the card I created for this festive challenge.

I used older stamp sets from my hefty stash for my clean and simple design this month - a twig wreath from Wreath for All Seasons from PTI and a lovely sentiment from Seasonal Flourishes from Waltzingmouse (both sets retired).  I stamped them both in Archival Coffee Ink then over stamped the berries on the wreath in Ruby Red. 

 I added 3 clear sequins to the wreath and one on the sentiment above the final 's' of Christmas (not sure you can see them in the photo but they do add some sparkle to the card IRL.)

So lets get going on making our Christmas cards before any more time passes!  We can't wait to see all your beautiful CAS wreath designs!

You'll find all the challenge details, some creative inspiration from the team as well as our Guest Designer over at the CAS Christmas Card Challenge blog!  We are also very excited to welcome a new DT member - Lisa (My Paper Tales)  as well as our Guest Designer for June -  Sue!

 

I'm also linking my card to:

Christmas Crafts All Year Round

Use Red and White



Stamps:  Wreath for All Seasons - Papertrey Ink (retired), Seasonal Flourishes - Waltzingmouse (retired)
Ink:  Archival Coffee - Ranger, Ruby Red - Altenew
Paper:  white - Papertrey Ink
Accessories:  clear sequins

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Gorgeous CAS card Julia, this would be perfect for multiple cards. Love it ♥

Loll said...

I LOVE your pepper berry wreath Julia. The brown and red are so perfect together. And love the pretty font on your sentiment. xx

Bonnie said...

This is one of my favorite wreath stamps, Julia! I still love how it looks on a CAS card!

Marcia Hill said...

I'm in the same camp as Bonnie Julia, as this is one of my favorite PTI stamp sets too, and I still use it at least once every year! You have definitely done it justice with the simple brown & red for the wreath and then a lovely sentiment...just BEAUTIFUL my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Lisa Elton said...

I've always liked this wreath, Julia! This is a lovely CAS card!

Susan said...

CAS perfection, Julia! Love seeing that old PTI wreath making an appearance. Beautiful mixed font on the sentiment.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful and CAS-tacular! You’ve proven that a fabulous stamp no matter how old never goes out of style.

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is a super lovely CAS wreath card, Julia! The twig wreath and the color combo (brown and red) are so pretty. Love this card!
Hideko xx

Celeste Goff said...

I adore this beautiful wreath! Your card is so nicely put together!

HilaryJane said...

This is just lovely, your red berries look fabulous and I love the brown ink xx

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty CAS card and that wreath stamp looks fabulous Julia x.

nancy littrell said...

CAS Perfection Christmas Wreath card design, Julia. I am so happy to get more cards in my Christmas stash:-) All your DT and GD cards are so gorgeous and inspiring. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thank goodness CAS Christmas is back on! I need to get my production going! Just love your twig wreath, Julia - so pretty with the bitty berries!!

Linda said...

Julia, I recognize that stamp set. Your card is lovely with all those red berries.

Colleen said...

Julia, I love this wreath as well! I guess I should give it some love and make a few cards for the stash with it! Thanks for showcasing something old, but make it new!

Lena said...

Wow, your CAS card is amazing. So beautiful, festive and elegant. Love it. I have a problem with CAS. Can't leave well enough alone and tend to cover up most of my white space. Thank you for the inspiration and for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
♥ Lena ~ DT
Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
Lena’s Creations