Sunday, July 4, 2021

Snow Drop Sympathy

Every month I have all good intentions of joining in on the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge - and the days go by.......  well, this month , the challenge is using Alcohol Inks on vellum which really intrigued me so I got right down to it!

I found some Linen Vellum from PTI on my shelves and thought that might add a little texture to the background - but it didn't really show through the inks.   I swished the Alcohol Inks on 4 panels before I was happy with any result!   You just really cannot control the inks - they just do what they want pretty much!
I used some new AI's that I recently purchased -  Cloudy Blue, Moss, Snow Cap Mixative and Alcohol Blending Solution.

I dropped some of the blue onto the vellum, then some Snow Cap into the middle of the drops, tilted the paper back and forth to make it run, added some Alcohol Blending solution to make it more watery and repeated all those steps with some drops of Moss!  The Snow Cap is really chalky and dried slowly, such that I hit it with my heat tool so I could get on with putting my card together!

I die cut the Snow Drops (Alexandra Renke) out of water color paper that I had put a double sided adhesive sheet on the back of, so when I had the die cut pieces there was already adhesive on the back and I didn't have to add glue to all the thin strips of stem.    I adhered them to the vellum panel.

I die cut a white panel using Crimped Frames from the Greetery and trimmed down my vellum panel to fit inside the crimping.    I adhered that to a white card base, stamped the sympathy sentiment on a sentiment strip and layered it over the panel with foam dots.

So finally -   I have a card to link to the CAS Mix Up Card Challenge!   
I used AI's on Vellum, stamping and die cuts.


Stamps:  Simple Strips: Sympathy - Taylored Expressions.
Paper:  White, Linen Vellum - PTI, Water color paper - Canson Cold Press.
Ink:  True Black - PTI
Accessories:  Stick It Double Sided Adhesive Sheets, Snow Drops Die - Alexandra Renke, Crimped Frames - The Greetery, Simple Strips Dies - Taylored Expressions, foam dots, Ranger Alcohol Inks - Cloudy Blue, Moss, Snow Cap Mixative, Alcohol Blending Solution, foam dots.

13 comments:

Loll said...

Those colours in the background are so beautiful together Julia. And so pretty with the snowdrop die. Love the framing and sentiment strip too. Fabulous design, my friend! xx

Susan said...

Julia, this is so beautiful. I love those gorgeous muted colours. Great use of the snowdrop die and the crimped frames.

Christine Alexander said...

OMG gorgeous Julia, the colours are out of this world and the hint of the snowdrop in the background is perfect. Love, love, love the card ♥

Bonnie said...

So glad to see this at CAS Mix Up, Julia! Lovely inking on the vellum and I love the contrast of the white snowdrops!

conil said...

Aren't we lucky you decided to join us with this lovely card? The dainty snowdrops look wonderful against your dramatically colored background. And that pretty frame enhances the entire image. Thanks so much for sharing your card at CAS Mix Up.

nancy littrell said...

Love your shades of light and dark greens and a bit of blue alcohol inks, Julia. Your background adds beautiful texture and different shades of color and even drama behind your die cut snowdrops, my friend. I am Thrilled you were able to join in the fun this month. Hope all is going well and you are having a wonderful Summer. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Colleen said...

This is beautiful Julia, and I love the sentiment and placement on the card too!

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful this turned out with the greens and the snowdrops over top! The inks do have a mind of their own on vellum, but you mastered them and turned this into a very artistic card! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

HilaryJane said...

So lovely to see you in the Mix Up gallery and your card is amazing, I just love that background. It is perfect behind those snowdrops and that frame is pretty special too xx

akmoose said...

beautiful card!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Your AI panel looks amazing, Julia - so stunning with the snowdrop die cuts atop!!

Brenda in IN said...

The colors are outstanding and made a stunning card. Great frame and I love those snowdrops.

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning effect with the inks and the vellum. Gorgeous colour combination and a fabulous card Julia x.