Sunday, May 2, 2021

April's Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 Today is the day of the April Card Chain Challenge Reveal - the day they post all the cards sent and received by participants in the challenge.  People join from all over the world each month.  You have to sign up by the 6th of each month and if you sign up, after the 6th of that month you get the name of someone to send a card to and someone gets your name to send you their card.  You contact each other by email to get the snail mail addresses.   The challenge has options for your card design each month (colors, sketch, theme, product used) but you only have to use one of the suggestions.

This month I sent a card to Alex in Germany - so I used some of my Tim Holtz masculine images.  I hope he likes it!

This month I used the sketch, the colors (brown, purple, green), one of the themes - Funny, and for a product - a die cut (hat and bowtie!)
I simply stamped the Professor from the set called Professor by Stampers Anonymous, onto a panel of barn wood patterned paper, masked him and stamped the wheel from the same stamp set so it looks like it's behind him.  Then I die cut the hat and bow tie from The Gent die set from Sizzix out of glitter paper and black Krart Stock paper and adhered them with foam dots - they just happened to be the right size to fit him!   I pressed 3 small wooden stars into Walnut Stain Distress Ink and adhered them inside the circle.  And then for the 'funny' part, I adhered this Snarky Small Talk Sticker.

So come join in the fun and sign up some month over at The Card Chain Challenge - send a card and get a card!  You can try it out once and if you don't enjoy it, you don't have to join in again, or you can come back another month after not participating for a while.

I'm also linking my card to NBUS:
The stamps and dies were used for the first time even though purchased a while ago!




Stamps:  The Professor - Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous
Paper:  White card stock- Papertrey Ink, Glitter Card stock - Michaels, Black Kraft Stock Paper Pad - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, DP Marble Paper Pad - JoAnn.
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew, Ranger Distress Walnut Stain.
Accessories:  The Gent Thinlits Die set - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Snarky Small Talk Stickers - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology,  little wooden stars - Hobby Lobby, foam dots.

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is really special, Julia, and I bet Alex will love it! Thanks for being a link in our chain, Jo x

Christine Alexander said...

Great masculine card, I'm huge fan of the Professor and love the boarded background :)

Alex said...

Thanks for sending me this awesome card!

Alex

papierelle said...

Your card is amazing, wonderful implementation of the sketch and the color challenge!!!

Angelnorth said...

Fabulous job combining lots of options Julia, I'm sure Alex loved this!

Loll said...

Awesome card Julia! Love the glitter embellishments that really pop off the neutral colours. Such a great design and LOVE the sentiment! :) I bet Alex loves this card too! xx

HilaryJane said...

What a great card, love how you have incorporated the colours. I am sure Alex is very happy with it xxc

Mac Mable said...

WOW this is so striking and the most amazing masculine card Julia x.

Bonnie said...

A fantastic masculine card, Julia! Love that hat and bow tie!

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, sis, how could Alex NOT like this?! First of all, it's just the coolest design! That glitter is everything. And second of all, what a flipping hoot that sediment is! Before I even left this comment I went off to FS and purchased them. Thank you for the enabling link and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! See you tomorrow. Hugs, Darnell