Thursday, May 6, 2021

A Trucker's Birthday Card

 Today I have a fun pop up box birthday card I personalized for a friends' grandson, Logan, who is turning 4 and loves trucks!

I used the Scalloped Box Card Pop Up Die from Lawn Fawn.  It's really easy to put together AND it folds flat to fit inside a regular A2 envelope.  

(Lawn Fawn has great YouTube videos of how to assemble all their dies)

I adhered dimensional truck stickers from Michaels on the two 'roads'. I glued some hearts and stars (from the die set) onto thin strips of clear acetate and adhered them on the 'roads' so they look like they are floating in air.  I also added them to the sides and back panel.
The DP is Petite Places Patterned Paper Collection and Black and White Basics - both from PTI (both retired I think)
The 4 was made with By the Numbers dies from PTI and I used Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix for LOGAN.
Here's the view from the bottom.
Here it is folded flat - ready to slip into an envelope.  I put two postage stamps on this when I mail them as it's a little thicker than a card - but check with your Post Office for exact postage needed.
I'm linking my Truck card to:

Stamps:  Birthday Basics - PTI
Paper:  WHite, True black, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Clear Acetate, DP Petite Places Patterned Paper Collection, Bladn and White Basics - PTI, Blue Glitter Paper - Michaels.
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew.
Accessories:  Scalloped Box Card Pop Up Dies - Lawn Fawn, By the Numbers Dies - PTI, Alphanumeric Tiny Type Upper Dies - Tiim Holtz/Sizzix, ScorTape, Ultra Bond Adhesive - iCraft, Dimensional Truck Stickers - Michaels.

12 comments:

Nancy said...

WOW, Julia! This box card turned out so well! How sweet of you to make it for your friend. What I really love is that it's personalized and you did each panel on the outside too. Terrific job and thanks for sharing your talents with us at The Paper Players.

JoAnn said...

Your box card is adorable. I know it took a lot of work but turned out great. I know Logan will love it.

LeAnne said...

This is AMAZING! SOOOOOo cute! Any boy of any age would love receiving this! Clever and fun! Thanks for playing with us this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Julia this box card is fabulous! I love the 3D effect and all of the fun details, both inside and out. Such a special card with personalisation too. Thanks for playing along with my 'Cards for Boys' challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Loll said...

This is adorable Julia! Logan is going to LOVE his card!! Such a great idea to add roads for your trucks and love the idea of adding acetate strips for some free floating die-cuts. Cute as could be with the papers you've used. xx

Christine Alexander said...

He's going to love this card box, so adorable :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun project, Julia. Wow!! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Julie S said...

Holy moly, this is SO cute!! I love that you showed how you decorated the card when it's flat, too. That part is always tricky for me. Love this.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun trucker's birthday card, Julia! This is perfect for a 4-year old boy! It's 3D, colorful, and truck-themed. Logan will love this personalized card!
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

This is amazing and I'm sure Logan loves this card with the trucks, his name and age on it! Wow!

Brenda in IN said...

He is going to just love this! What a fantastic card for a boy with the trucks and his name on it. Great job, Julia.

Mac Mable said...

Ohhh this is so creative and fun and I suspect Logan loved it! x.