Tuesday, February 2, 2021

January Card Chain Challenge Card Reveal

 Today is the reveal for the January Card Chain Challenge.    This month I sent a card to Suze in New Zealand and I received a card from GerJanne in the Netherlands!

Here is the card I sent to Suze.

Each month we are given several design options for the card we are creating - you can do one option, a few of the options or all of the options!

For this card I used several of the options:
The Colour Palette Option -  Kraft, Blossom, Gold

The Sketch Option:

One of the Theme Options - Flowers

One of the Technique options - stenciling

I die cut a panel of white card using Crimped Frame Die from The Greetery.  I partially stenciled the panel using a Knit Wits stencil  also from The Greetery, sponging kraft ink over the stencil.  I die cut the Botanicuts: Sunflowers again from the Greetery out of Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz card.  When I layered the pieces together to make each flower I alternated the two colors.  I die cut the centers out of Metallic Gold paper as well as the leaves.

I adhered the flowers to the panel following the sketch (sort of!) two flowers are up on foam dots.  I added a Small Talk Sticker for the sentiment and then splattered the panel with Bluish Gold water color paint using a watery paint brush and tapping it with my finger.

Please check out the Card Chain Challenge and see all the cards exchanged all over the world and join in!  All the details are on the challenge blog.




Paper: White, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft - Papertrey Ink, Kraft Stock Metallic Gold - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology.
Ink: Classic Kraft - Papertrey Ink
Accessories: Crimped Frames Die, BotaniCuts: Sunflower die, Knit Wits Stencil - The Greetery, Bluish Gold watercolor paint - Kuretake, brush, water, foam dots.

10 comments:

Diane said...

Love the flowers and dimension, makes a great design.

I joined your blog.

Hugs diane

Jeanne H said...

I really love your card...so much to look at and the great color of the flowers.

HilaryJane said...

This is a truly special card, Suze is very lucky to be on the receiving end xx

Annerieke said...

The card is adorable! The background is beautiful and I love those flowers with the gold accents.
Hugs, Annerieke

Colleen said...

Amazing Julia, you did The Greetery Proud with all their products on this card!

Robyn Oliver said...

This is a stunning card Julia, I just love it... the bold pink flowers with the gold and subtle kraft stenciling....wonderful, hugs Robyn

Bonnie said...

Love these gorgeous, bright pink flowers, Julia!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your sunflowers, Julia - great take on the sketch!! Perfect on that background too - love the stenciling on the crimped frame!!

papierelle said...

Soooo pretty!!! Your flowers look so real, you want to pick them ... *smile*

Loll said...

Gorgeous layered, pink blooms, Julia! Love all the gold details that make this so beautiful and elegant. xx