Monday, February 15, 2021

CAS Christmas - Mid Month Reminder - Cats and/or Dogs

 Just a reminder that there is still time for you to join us at CAS Christmas Card Challenge this month!  The link is open through 2/24!

For today's card, I used another fun cat image from Technique Junkies - Christmas Carol Kitty.  

The sentiment is attached to the cat stamp along the bottom - so I blocked off and stamped each line of the sentiment piece on white and punched out each line.    

The letters stamp a bit close together -  so in case you can't make it out in the photo it says  "Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree"  and "Your ornaments are history."

I stamped the cat, masking the sentiment so it would fit on the die cut center panel, and colored her with Copics.  I added three red enamel dots.

I die cut the background with a Bold Borders: Polka Dots die from PTI (not currently available).  The cat and the sentiment strips are popped up on foam dots.

So please join us and get another Christmas card made!  You'll find the CAS Christmas Card Challenge and Mr. Linky here!

I'm also linking my card to:
new cat stamp!




Stamps:  Christmas Card Kitty - Technique Junkies
Paper:  Bristol Smooth Surface, White - PTI
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories:  Bold Borders: Polka Dots Die - PTI, foam dots, SU punch, Copics R29, W2, RV32.

13 comments:

Linda said...

Julia, that sentiment is too funny. Cute card with your naughty kitty.

Marcia Hill said...

Cute, CUTE card Julia, but thanks to you I'll now have that song with your version running through my head for the rest of the day...hahaha!! Love it!! Hugs. :0)

Mac Mable said...

Fun card with a fun sentiment and a little minx of a cat x.

Christine Alexander said...

Great card Julia the cat looks like she's having lots of fun singing O Christmas Tree and love the cheeky little grin about the ornaments :)
PS.. I must remember to use my embossing folders.

Susan said...

Your card made me laugh, Julia. Love the naughty cat looking very pleased with itself for destroying the ornaments. Great background and use of the enamel dots. Thanks for making such a fun card for the challenge I'm hosting.

Bonnie said...

Your caroling kitty is such fun, Julia! I love the words of the carol! When we had a cat, she would always pick a snowflake and every morning we would find it on the other side of the room! I still have that battered snowflake and remember Cleo when I hang it! Thanks for the memory.

Brenda said...

What a cute, cute card Julia! I can imagine a cat singing just that song too. lol They love to bat those ornaments around from the tree. Love that background die you used, so cool looking and perfect for this card. This one just makes me smile from ear to ear! Hugs, Brenda

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, I love how he admits to destroying the ornaments! Beautiful coloring on this super cute card, Julia! xx

Loll said...

Fun!!! I love this cat belting out the tune, Julia! I can imagine the ornaments are now all over the house and no longer on the tree! :) Love the dotty background! xx

Trina P. said...

Oh my!... the sentiment is so fun and made me laugh! The image is cute. Love the embossed background.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a cute and fun kitty card, Julia! Love the polka dot die-cut background! It makes the cute Christmas carol-singing kitty look even cuter! The way you added the sentiments is refreshing, and the shiny red enamel dots are wonderful accents! And the innocent looking kitty was actually naughty! :-D
Hideko xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun sentiment for a darling kitty image, Julia! Love the background too!!

Colleen said...

Julia, this is just too clever! What a great image, I can just hear the "meow, meow meow, to this song!