Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Cats and/or Dogs

February already!  When our minds turn to Valentines -  the CAS Christmas Card team is also thinking Christmas!  Susan is our creative hostess this month and she wants to see dogs and/or cats on our cards this month!


I love, and have had, both cats and dogs but presently Kent and I have a sweet older kitty, so I used a newly purchased cat stamp for my card.  It's called Christmas Mug Shot  from Technique Junkies - funny right?  Luckily, none of the 3 cats I have had has ever knocked down our tree, although our present kitty, Scout, does like to hit the ornaments near the bottom with her paw! 
I stamped the image on watercolor paper, colored it with Copics and adhered the panel to a card base cut with Noted: Scalloped Square from PTI.  The card measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".

So we hope you will get out your cat/dog images and make a Christmas card so you won't be so rushed at the end of the year!   Check out all of the inspiration from the DT, as well as our lovely Guest Designer this month Jane ( Onions and Paper), over at the CAS Christmas Card Challenge Blog

I'm also linking my card to:

Something that Starts with C and/or D
CAT

Anything Christmas Goes 

Anything Christmas Goes
 
My jailed cat is a new stamp!



Stamps:  Christmas Mug Shot - Technique Junkies
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Canson Cold Press
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories:  Copics Y17, YG03, N2, E04, Noted: Scalloped Square die - Papertrey Ink.

21 comments:

HilaryJane said...

What a fun and unusual Christmas card, your cat does look really guilty poor thing. Love that die cut scalloped square xx

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card! What fun. My cat takes no interest in the tree what-so-ever, but one of my girl cats used to love batting the longer ornaments onto the floor so she could play with them, Jo x

Bonnie said...

LOL, what fun, Julia!

Linda said...

HaHa, too funny Julia. Nicely colored.

Marcia Hill said...

OK, you definitely made me laugh with this one Julia!! That stamp is just too funny!! Cute card and beautiful coloring too! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Too funny, Julia - just love your "booked" kitty! But will he escape jail time - that's the question... And yes, I had a cat that knocked down a 3 foot tree :)

Christine Alexander said...

I love that cat and it's now on my list for my next order.
Great card and so funny Julia :)

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... this is so funny! I love the cat having his mug shot taken. :) You are so lucky that you haven't had too much trouble with your cats at your Christmas tree. Jessie's first year, we blocked it off with a wire cage, but she still managed to get in-behind, pull down several ornament and chew them. :) Better this year, but couldn't resist occasionally batting at the lower ornaments. Pets are fun and so is your card! xx

Susan said...

Your card really makes me smile, Julia! Such a tough looking cat! Friends of mine actually had that happen - their two cats starting playing in the Christmas tree and it toppled over! Love your scalloped square die for the card base. Thanks for making a great card for the challenge I'm hosting.

Martina said...

Very funny wishes and also beautifully executed.
Thank you so much for playing at CCAYR.

Barb Ghig said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun card, Julia! I love how he's holding his sign confessing to Santa...so clever! Thanks for making me smile :) xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun cat Christmas card, Julia! The cat's mug shot and his confession card are so funny! Hitting the ornaments near the bottom is like getting a parking ticket compared to knocking down your tree and getting a mug shot! ;-D
Hideko xx

papierelle said...

I have to smile!!! This is so funny and I love it. I also have three cats ...

Viv said...

I simply LOVE this Julia - found it soooo funny. Great job! x

Cathy said...

Such a fun image Julia and the sentiment is a hoot! Love the fancy border too, this would definitely make the recipient laugh out loud! Cathy x

Trina P. said...

OMG, so fun and fabulous! I love that image! The sentiment would have been purr-fect for my card, too.

Darnell said...

OMG, this is a hoot, sis! I am chuckling so much, I'm bouncing and it's hard to type! Ooh, gosh. Who thinks of these?! So darn funny and clever and I love the fun scalloped shape! Take care and keep safe! (I'd love to have you share with everyone at NBUS!) Hugs, Darnell

Mac Mable said...

This super adorable card made me laugh out loud Julia.....Thank you x. Such a fun card x.

Linby said...

This is so funny and so suitable for a lot of cat owners.

Lyn said...

Love this made me smile and I needed that today! you will need to mass produce this one!

Rachelle Oltean said...

OMGoodness what a fantastic image! I know a lot of cat lovers who have had this experience! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge!
Rachelle DT : )