Friday, January 15, 2021

Mid-month reminder - CAS Christmas Card Challenge - Silhouettes

I'm here today with my reminder card for the January CAS Christmas Card Challenge - of which I am the host!   My challenge is to use a silhouette -  either a solid stamp or a solid die cut!

This time I used a tree die cut for my silhouette from Poppy Stamps.  I layered it over a circle of patterned paper and layered a circle die cut from Penny Black over it with foam dots.  I stamped this simple sentiment from Stained Glass by PTI above the trees.  The card itself is cut with Noted: Scalloped A2 die from PTI. I added some tiny silver stars for sparkle.
I first made this card on a smaller card base seen below - using  Noted Scalloped Square Die from PTI, but felt there might not be quite enough open white space on the smaller format - but I do like this - it measures 3 3/4" x 3 3/4".   
So I made 4 of the smaller version and and 1 of the larger version of this card. 
Five more cards into the Christmas 2021 box! 

You have until Jan 24th to link up your own  silhouette CAS Christmas card!   You'll find lots of inspiration from the Design Team and our creative January Guest Designer Pat over at the CAS Christmas Card Challenge blog!  Hope to see you and your card there!!



Stamps: Stained Glass - Papertrey Ink
Paper: white, True Black - PTI, DP North Wind - Craft and You.
Ink: True Black - PTI
Accessories: Tree Line Hill Die - Poppy Stamps, Stitched Square Circles - Penny Black, Noted: Scalloped A2 Die, Noted: Scalloped Square Die - PapertreyInk, foam dots, tiny silver stars - HoneyBee Stamps.

12 comments:

Colleen said...

I like the small size too, Julia, but the larger one is pretty. I like the background on both, the snowflakes look really pretty on the smaller card!

Bonnie said...

These sweet trees are so pretty against the patterned paper! I love the way you've framed these lovely scenes! Both sizes are perfect, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

both are beautiful Julia, the little note card would also make a great little tag. Love the row of trees in black :)

Susan said...

I like both versions, Julia. And I think the square one has enough white space. Lovely design with the pretty muted dps behind your silhouettes, the great framing, and the scalloped edges.

nancy littrell said...

Love both your beautiful die cut silhouette Christmas cards, Julia. I have a couple of cards made for your challenge to share in a few days. I have LOVED your awesome silhouette challenge my friend. I love how you used designer paper behind your die cut black trees and your die cut circle frames and die cut card frames. TFS my friend and thank you for hosting a wonderful inspiring challenge. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Loll said...

Fabulous design with the trees and night sky, Julia! What gorgeous papers you have for the backgrounds. The circle framing is just perfect. xx

Marcia Hill said...

I like the smaller one too Julia, but the larger one is just as pretty! Love the dsp you found for your background...it sure evokes a wintry scene!! I loved your challenge this month so thank you...I had FUN!! Hugs. :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so pretty, Julia! The black tree silhouette looks wonderful against the patterned paper background! Great choice of the patterned paper! The tiny sparkling silver stars are nice finishing touches. The square card is definitely cute!
Thank you for hosting the fun challenge this month!
Hideko xx

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful cards, Julia! Your silhouette trees worked perfectly with your patterned paper and I love how you framed everything with the stitched circles and scalloped borders! Great idea to make multiples of this design...way to go! Barb xx

Mac Mable said...

Both versions are so pretty. Great design and the die cutting edging looks so pretty Julia x.

Linda said...

Two lovely cards Julia. Your trees look perfect against the pretty pattern paper. Thanks for the great challenge.

Trina P. said...

Beautiful cards in both sizes. What perfect pattern paper as the backdrop for your line of silhouette trees. Great circle frame design too to keep it CAS-tastic!