Thursday, January 7, 2021

A Conductor of Light

 A friend asked me to make a birthday card for her grown son who is an electrician and while I was trying to think of what I could use to personalize this card, I remembered I had purchased a light bulb set from Ellen Hutson probably a year ago - and never used it yet - so after I found the set in my craft room (!?) I created this card.

The sentiment and light bulbs are from a set called Conductor of Light - Essentials by Ellen.  The vagabond gentlemen was cut out of a a newly purchased DP - Sir Vagabond by Stamperia.  The solar system is a piece of DP from Cosmos by Stamperia that I purchased last year.  The birthday is in January so I turned the solar system so  that January was showing (just above the light bulbs) on the background piece.

I colored the lightbulbs and sentiment smooshing the pieces into Distress Inks spritzed with water on my craft mat.  I fussy cut the vagabond and layered him and the light bulbs onto the card with foam dots.  I added some Clear Glitter Wink of Stella around the filaments of the bulbs but it doesn't show up in the photo.

This card is 5 1/2" x 5 1/4"

This is what I stamped on the inside of my card -  the earth is from Big World by Altenew, the sentiment is from Stop Drop Party by Simon Says Stamp.

I'm linking my card to The Paper Players Challenge

I used new paper and stamps purchased a while ago but never used.




Stamps:  Conductor of Light - Essentials by Ellen/Ellen Hutson, Big Earth - Altenew, Stop Drop Party - Simon Says Stamp.
Paper:  Watercolor paper - Canson Cold Press, SP - Sir Vagabond, Cosmos - Stamperia.
Ink:  Seedless Preserves, Wild Honey, Squeezed Lemonade, - Ranger Distress Ink , Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories:  Conductor of Light Dies - Essentials by Ellen/Ellen Hutson, foam dots, Clear Glitter Wink of Stella.

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

What a cool card! Definitely out of the box!!! I am sure he will love it! Thanks for sharing this at our "new" Paper Players challenge this week!

Nancy said...

What a terrific personalized card with so much thought involved! Fabulous job and he will love it! Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players and Happy New Year!

Loll said...

Amazing card that is perfect for your friends's son. He is going to love this, Julia! So many fabulous details on your card! xx

Bonnie said...

You had the perfect papers and stamps for an electrician, Julia! This is fantastic!

Christine Alexander said...

cool card, perfect for an electrician and wow what a neat sentiment :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love this one, Julia - such a fun masculine card!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a COOL card, Julia! I'm sure your son will love it, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Redanne said...

A fabulous card Julia, such a clever idea and I just love the sentiment inside, absolutely perfect! Keep safe and well my friend. Hugs, Anne xxx

Trina P. said...

Oh wow!... another well thought out personalized card. Beautiful. Fabulous Dp background.