Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November CAS Christmas Challenge - Non-Traditional Colors

It's time for the November CAS Christmas Challenge!  We're almost down to the wire of needing to send out our cards!  I'm so glad I've been making a few every month all year - how about you?!
Trina is our creative Hostess this month and she wants us to use non-traditional colors
 
I used very non-traditional colors I think?!!   Blue, pink, orange and yellow!
I got out a really old set from PTI - City Scene for my stamps and dies.  I've only used a few of the many stamps in this set. 
(they actually still have the stamp set in stock but not the dies)  
That's why I love doing challenges - it makes me use my STUFF!!

So I hope you have been playing along with us all year and that you have at least a good start on your Christmas cards!?! 

You'll find the November CAS Christmas Card Challenge here - along with lots of inspiration from the Design Team and our wonderful Nov. Guest Designer.


Stamps:  O Christmas Tree -  Rubber Soul, City Scene - PTI
Paper:  White - PTI
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew, Blueberry Sky, Pale Peony, Orange Zest. Harvest Gold - PTI, Gold Pigment - Colorbox.
Accessories:  City Scene Dies, Noted: Scalloped A2 Die - PTI, foam dots. Word Window Punch - SU.

13 comments:

Colleen said...

this is fabulous Julia, I love the road and all those gorgeous trees, yes you made it work with the non traditional colors!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling scene with those non-traditional colored tree and fun orange car, Julia!! Thanks for the inspiration at CAS Christmas!!

Bonnie said...

I love your colorful trees, Julia, and the car racing home with the "blue spruce"! Whimsical and fun!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG look at that road the car is on :) love your Christmas scene with the family picking up the one of those non traditional coloured Christmas trees :)

Marcia Hill said...

Definitely non traditional colors Julia and I'm absolutely LOVING it!! I have this set too and completely forgot I had it till I saw your card...need to get out some of the oldies and show them some love!! Cute, CUTE card my friend and just perfect for this challenge!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

You've created an adorable winter scene Julia! I love the different coloured trees. This is such a fun Christmas card! xx

Mac Mable said...

What a fun little winter scene and loving those colours x.

Barb Ghig said...

I agree...challenges make us use our stash! I love how you played with your non-traditional colors for this really cute Christmas card, Julia! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is such a cute city scene, Julia! I want to be in that car and to drive by those blue, yellow, and pink Christmas trees!
The scallop frame makes the card look so sweet!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Adorable little winter scene, Julia. The colours are definitely non-traditional and works perfectly for the images.

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm with you about challenges getting you to use your stash Julia - I love that too. This is such a fun scene and your trees look gorgeous in pink blue and yellow! Vicky x

Linda said...

What a sweet little scene with your non-traditional colors, Julia. So cute.

Cathy said...

Such a fun Christmas design Julia, great non traditional colours in your trees too. I feel like we are racing to Christmas, just like this car with it's Christmas tree! Cathy x