Thursday, October 29, 2020

A Vintage Journey - Tag Friday

It's the 5th Friday in October and whenever there is a 5th Friday in a month -  we celebrate by having a Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey!

My skater got a little lost with the matching colors of the background - so I outlined him with a White Stabilo Pencil to give him some definition.  I actually did cut him out of several different colors to try but this looked the best to my eye.  (He is ONE with the forest!)

Here are a few process photos.

I scooped small amounts of spray inks out of the bottles onto my craft mat leaving some distance in between the colors.  I used Dylusions White Linen Spray Ink and Distress Oxide Spray inks in Cracked Pistachio and Fired Brick.

I pressed a panel of Matte Black Yupo paper onto the colors and rubbed over the panel not moving it around, just wanting to spread the circles of color.  This is how it looked when I lifted it up after the first press.

Then I pressed the black areas, one at a time, into what was left on the craft mat and ended up with this.  You never really know how a panel will look at the end - each time it comes out differently!

I die cut my panel with Tim's Tag and Bookplates die.

Then I die cut the trees and my skater from Tim's Thin Ice Die - cutting the skates and hat again out of the pink.  I cut a holly and berries using dies from Winter Wardrobe to decorate his hat and scarf.


I splattered the trees with black water color paint, colored the skate blades with a Krylon Silver Leafing pen and also added circles of the Krylon to the background for a little shimmer.  I added white berries and skate lace holes using Nuvo Simply White Crystal Drops and a Clipping Stickers:Christmas sentiment!  I adhered my tag to a slightly larger piece of the pink paper and tied a piece of wrinkled seam tape through the hole.  The skater is popped up on foam dots.

Come and see all the beautiful tags the Creative Guides have to share with us over at A Vintage Journey -  you'll find the post here!


Paper:  Kraft Stock Classic Paper Pad - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, Matte Black Yupo Alcohol Ink Paper - Ranger, white - Papertrey Ink.

Accessories:  Tag and Bookplate Bigz Die, Thin Ice Thinlit Dies, Winter Wardrobe Thinlit Dies - Tim Holtz/Sizzix, Distress Oxide Spray Ink Cracked Pistachio and Fired Brick, Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray, Craft Mat, black water color ink, water, brush, Nuvo Simply White Crystal Drops, Krylon Silver Leafing Pen, White Stabilo Pencil, Clipping Stickers: Christmas - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, Ultra Bond Adhesive - iCraft, foam dots.

5 comments:

Mac Mable said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colour combination and I love how you did the background. I always enjoy reading how you make your creations Julia x. A contemporary and eye catching tag x

Words and Pictures said...

Wow, that snowy background is amazing - the misty, icy swirls add even more movement to this tag as the poor elf whizzes past out of control - fabulous!
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, such a beautiful tag! The snowy background on the black cardstock looks so amazing, I loved seeing how it came together and your skater made me smile, he looks like he's having so much fun - perfect 😀. Take care and wishing you a very Happy Tag Friday! Hugs, Jo x

Bonnie said...

What an awesome skater, Julia! Fantastic tag!