Monday, October 12, 2020

Tea Cup and Post Box Tutorials - Eileen Hull's New Chapter 4 dies

 I'm back today to post tutorials on how I put together my projects using Eileen Hull's new Chapter 4 Sizzix Dies -  3D Tea Cup and Post Box that I posted here two weeks ago for the release party.


First I die cut all the pieces and then cut one more cup so there's a front and back.  I didn't use the tea bag tag from the die.
I die cut two pieces of patterned paper to cover the fronts of the cups.  If the pattern of your paper  is directional like mine (the trees have to be right side up and the handle on opposite sides) be sure you lay the paper the correct way before cutting!  I just measured and cut the two pieces for the sides of the box piece and did not cover the center part that will be on the bottom.  Again, be aware of the direction of your paper pattern.  I embossed the spoon and edges of the tea cups using Eileen's Golden Rod Molten Dimensions embossing powder
I had a bag of Balsam Needles that I got at a garden shop (Amazon has some as well) and put some in a little muslin bag I got on line to put inside my teacup.   I added a Happy Holiday banner Sticker to the top of the cup.  I cut out a holly from another cardboard sticker I had in my stash to put on the end of the spoon.

 

And here's how I put together my Notes for Santa Post Box.

From the back.
This goes together in minutes!  
I die cut the one-piece box out of Little Sizzles Matboard, then I die cut the box out of patterned paper.  I cut the patterned paper into sections before adhering it to the matboard as sometimes I find that if you use a solid piece of paper - it can tear a bit when you fold on the score lines because it's stretching to bend. I adhered each piece with glue to the mat board, folded on all  the score lines and adhered the tabs that overlap to make the box.  You want to put the adhesive on the inside of the pointed tabs shown on the right bottom of this photo adhering them to the tabs on the back portion of the box.  That puts the fold of the tabs on the front and looks better.
I had the perfect stamp to use for my note to Santa -  it fit perfectly in the slot.  I stamped it and cut out just the paper piece close to the edge so it looked like a curvy piece of notepaper. I attached it to the inside of the slot with a piece of tape.  I could have just cut a strip of paper and used that as well! 

I added a little strip of sticky back Velcro under the flap to hold it closed.  I adhered the Quote Chips to the front as well.  An easy to make little box for gift cards, a place to put prayers, small gifts, letters to Santa  - I'm sure you can think of even more uses!?!  

The box measures 3 1/4" x 4 3/8" x1 1/8"

Please check out Eileen's blog every Wednesday this month - to see all of the projects and tutorials using these exciting new dies!

Are you a member of the Eileen Hull Fan Club? Join over 5,000 other members to share ideas, inspiration, sources, challenges and make some fabulous friends – make sure to answer the questions! Watch her Facebook Live at Eileen Hull Designs on Tuesdays at 6:00 Eastern and Thursdays at 4:00 to for project ideas, techniques, inspiration and creative community. Additionally, you can also find Eileen on FacebookInstagram and Pinterest.


3D Tea Cup

Paper:  Little Sizzles White Matboard - Sizzix, DP - Patterns and Pine 6x6 Paper Pad - Catherine Pooler.

Ink:  Versamark

Accessories:  3D Tea Cup Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzzix, Happy Holidays Stickers - Jolees Boutique, Holly sticker - K and Co., Golden Rod Molten Dimensions embossing powder - Eileen Hull/Emerald Creek, Heat Tool, Balsam Needles - Garden Shop or Amazon, Muslin Bag - purchased on line, Ultra Bond Adhesive - iCraft.

Post Box

Stamps:  My Type - Hero Arts

Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew

Paper:  Little Sizzles White Matboard - Sizzix, DP North Wind 6x6 Paperpad - Craft and You.

Accessories:  Post Box Die - Eileen Hull/Sizzix, Tombow Glue, Quote Chips: Christmas, Label Letters - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, Chipboard Peppermint sticker - K and Co.

5 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Both the 3D teacup and the postal box are fabulous Julia! I'm loving all the awesome detail on that tea cup and what an awesome way to present a little gift for the holidays! And your postal box is just too cute and I'm thinking I might just NEED to check that out to make for the grands! Thanks for all the details...awesome post my friend!! :0)

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad to see how you did each of these fantastic projects, Julia!

Lisa Hoel said...

I love your projects Julia!

eileen hull said...

Great projects Julia! The teacup is just stunning and love the letter box to Santa. Thanks too for all of the helpful tips! I need to read them every time :-)

Mac Mable said...

I loved reading the post and how you made these unique and fabulous projects. The tea cup is beautiful and the post box is fun x.