Monday, June 15, 2020

CAS Christmas Challenge - June Reminder - I Heard the Bells

Today I have a reminder card for the June CAS Christmas Challenge.  You still have time to link up your card - you know you want to get those Christmas cards done before the rush of the season right?!
Here's my card.
The Jingle Bell Die set is from Impression Obsession.  I embossed the background using Beaded Garland Embossing Folder from Tim Holtz/Sizzix.  
I stamped just the first two lines of the stamp on the front of the card 
(masking the other lines with a Post It Note before inking the stamp)
Then I stamped the whole sentiment stamp on the inside. It's an old red rubber on wood stamp from Penny Black.
The challenge is open through June 24th!   You'll find the challenge here.


Stamps: Good Will To Men - Penny Black
Paper:  White - PTI, Kraft Stock Metallic - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Accessories:  Jingle Bell Die Set - Impression Obsession, foam dots, Beaded Garland Embossing Folder - Tim Holtz/Sizzix

16 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your trio of bells on the beaded garland background! Fun idea with the partial verse on the front and the whole thing inside!!

Bonnie said...

I love this Christmas carol, Julia! What a great stamp! I love how you've "hung" the bells on the embossed background! What a fantastic card, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Julia, I love the bells hanging from your embossed background and your sentiment awesome. Great way to use it on the outside and inside.

nancy littrell said...

How clever of your Julia to add your beautiful die cut bells to the dry embossed background. TFS your wonderful Christmas Card Bells design. Hugs..Nancy

Loll said...

LOVE how your beautiful silver bells hang from those beaded embossed garlands. Amazing design Julia! xx

Susan said...

What a great idea to hang the bells from the embossed garlands! I love this card - so elegant with the white and silver. Fabulous sentiment stamp too!

Words and Pictures said...

I adore this, Julia - the subtle white on white texture of those dangling garlands and the shimmer of the silver bells - it's delightful. Sorry I've not been visiting much - busy with new stamp release - but hopefully getting back to normal for a while now.
Alison x

Marcia Hill said...

AWESOME card Julia!! Love your embossed background...the bells and sentiment go so perfectly with it! And great idea to use the whole sentiment/verse on the inside. Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

Barb Ghig said...

Your beaded garland is absolutely gorgeous, Julia! I love all the dimension...Love your pretty silver bells, too! Another stunning Christmas card!

Trina P. said...

All the products you used work beautifully together. Those lovely silver bells look so real. Love how you stamped the Christmas carol sentiment.

Craftychris said...

Wonderful Christmas card! Love the embossed background. xxx

Linda said...

What a gorgeous, elegant card with your white embossed garland and your beautiful silver bells, Julia.

Mac Mable said...

What a beautiful design and those pretty bells look so perfect hanging from the embossed garlands x. So pretty and I like the font of the sentiment/verse too x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely and elegant bell card, Julia! I l LOVE it! The way you placed the silver bells is so clever! I fell in love with the beaded garlands embossing folder when I saw it used on one of your CAS Christmas cards two years ago, and I immediately bought the folder. I haven't used it yet... You once again inspired me to use unused craft supply. :-)
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

The garland embossing is perfect for these bells, gorgeous design and I love how you've stamped part of the sentiment on the front with the rest inside, Cathy x

Karen Dunbrook said...

love it
xx Karen