Saturday, June 20, 2020

A Bike Card for Lucas

A friend asked me to make a card for her grandson who is turning 9 this month - and he's getting a bike (which they are frantically looking for because everyone is sold out due to the Corona Virus stay at home edict - more families are riding bikes together and didn't own them prior to this spring apparently!)

So I also found out that I didn't have ONE bicycle stamp in my craft room (shocking!! I later found a bicycle die but still no stamps!)  so I ran over to recently re-opened Michaels and found they had just ONE 3D sticker package of bicycles and bike paraphernalia!  And it was perfect for what I needed!
I brought it home and made this fun pop up box card for Lucas!
The Scalloped Box Card Pop Up Die is from Lawn Fawn and is really easy to put together - they have videos on YouTube showing how it's done. The photo below shows the 3 inside sections where you can attach die cuts, stickers or sentiments to create a dimensional scene.
 I put a white panel on the back so my friend can write her birthday message to Lucas.
 Another view of the dividers inside.  I used a grass die from MFT for the grass on each divider.
 A view from the bottom
 The balloon image and die are from Mama Elephant.  The bike, sign and helmet are from a 3D sticker set by Paper House (Michaels).  The Keep Calm and Bike On sentiment is from a set called Live to Ride by Jillian Vance Designs.   I adhered the strip with LUCAS on it to a thin strip of acetate and adhered the bottom of the strip to the back of the first divider so it appears to 'float' in the air.
 The box card folds flat and fits in a regular A2 envelope but will require additional postage as it is thick.  The thickness depends on what you attach to all of the dividers.  
(The stickers I used are 3D and also have thick foam dots on the back of them which made them even thicker.)
 So when it's first opened you just lift it up, hold it loose in your hands and let it open up like a box.
 Then you fold down the sides and front

My friend loved this personalized card for Lucas and I think he will like it too!  And hopefully his parents find a real bike for him soon!  I wonder if it will be green?!?


I'm linking my birthday Box Card to the following challenges:
Summer

Summer Activities


Anything Goes

Anything Goes

Stamps:  Half Pint Heroes (happyBirthday) - Waltzingmouse (retired), Live to Ride - Jillian Vance Designs (retired), Snap Stamps Alphabet and Numbers - Karen Foster (retired)
Paper:  Water Color Paper - Canson, Leaf Green, Pure Poppy, Clear Acetate - PTI, Knock On Wood 6x6 paperpad - Lawn Fawn, Grass DP sheet, FireFly DP Sheet - Michaels.
Accessories:  Scalloped Box Card Pop Up Dies - Lawn Fawn, 3D Bike Stickers - Paper House (Michaels), Grass Die - MFT, Copics BG49, YR09, YG23, Y38, Sentiment Strips Die - MFT, 1" circle punch - EK Success, ScorTape, Tombow Glue.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Lucas is only lucky boy to receive this card - it's such a unique fold card i love it. TY for playing with us at MMM

Susan said...

What an amazing masterpiece of construction! It looks so complicated. And what a great card for a 9 year old - he will love it!

nancy littrell said...

Oh my, Julia...but you are so clever and creative. Lucas is going to Love his really cool one of a king box bike card!!! Sure hope his family finds him a bike in time for his birthday...keep us posted. TFS my friend. Stay safe and Creative. Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

What a perfect piece of art for a young boy who wants a bicycle! I hope they can find one! Love all the details of this scene, Julia! I don't think I have a bicycle stamp or die.

Loll said...

LOVE this pop-up box card for Lucas. Great work Julia! So fun! And a very special card that Lucas is going to love. xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

totally AWESOME....what an incredible job you have done creating this...wow.
xx Karen

JoAnn said...

Great pop up box card. Love the design and all the elements you used. I am sure the recipient will love it too. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Mac Mable said...

Julia you are so creative and talented. What a thoughtful and personal Bike' box for Lucas. Glad you managed to find some bike 'stuff' and I hope his parents manage to find him a bike!!