Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Christmas in May

Yes, I have started making my Christmas cards for 2020! 
It is so much nicer to have them all made by December 1st rather than to start them then when I am so happily busy with enjoying the season!  (I do all of my shopping early too!)

So I made my first card based on this month's CAS Christmas Challenge.
 I just purchased the Winter Leaves Thinlit dies on sale over at Sizzix, the perfect die set for this challenge!  I die cut 3 branches and glued them together for sturdiness.  Then I put small pieces of foam dots on the thickest parts on the back of the stem.  I die cut the frame out of DP from Snow Day Remix by Lawn Fawn and white card which also gave me the inside piece in white card which I then embossed.  I adhered the DP frame to the white frame and layered it over the card base with foam dots.  I adhered the embossed white panel inside the frame.   I added a Metallic Stickers/Holiday Talk sentiment over the bottom frame.
Then I adhered the stem with the already attached foam dots to the center panel.  
With everything in place, I then added  Nuvo Crystal Autumn Red Drops onto the stem and put the card aside to dry before I could smoosh the berries!
Then I made a few variations of this design, using different papers for the frame and inner panel.
The birch paper is wrapping paper from Pier One I purchased two years ago.
The next two are made with papers are from North Wind by Craft and You (I just LOVE this Paper Stack!). I switched the inside and outside frame pieces on each one.   I die cut these branches from white card stock - I thought it went better with the snowy backgrounds.
I used the Pierced Feature Rectangle Frames from PTI for all of these cards.
 So, a nice start to my Christmas Card box!

I'm linking this card with the green frame to:
Use Pastels

I'm linking this card to:
Anything Goes



Paper:  white - PTI, Kraft Stock - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, Snow Day Remix 6x6 paperpad - Lawn Fawn, North Wind Paper Pad - Craft and You.
Accessories:  Winter Leaves Thinlit Die - Sizzix, Pierced Feature Frames Rectangle Dies - PTI, Nuvo Crystal Drops Autumn Red, Metallic Stickers/Holiday Talk - Tim Holtz/Idea-ology, form dots, Tombow Glue.

10 comments:

Bonnie said...

What wonderful use of this die, Julia! I love all the dimension with the berries and the different backgrounds that make each card unique! You've got a good start on those Christmas cards, my friend!

Christine Alexander said...

OMG Julia that die is gorgeous. I love every card you made with it. it's now on my wish list. thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas.

Loll said...

Fabulous berry cards Julia! I love each and every one. I have just added both those sets of papers to my wish list at SSS. :) The berry branch is AH-MAZING! LOVE the depth and the beautiful dimensional and shinny berries. xx

Marcia Hill said...

Oh Julia...I am absolutely LOVING all 4 cards! Each one is STUNNING! I love the contrast of the green frame in your first card, but I really like the branch & berries against the wood grain paper too! The last two are so beautiful in their starkness and just totally make those berries pop! Lovely, lovely cards my friend!! :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great set of cards with that berry die, Julie! Of course, the birch bark one is my fave, loving all things woodgrain - LOL, but they're all lovely!!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful cards!!!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR 'ROUND challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! 😊 Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Cute cards.
Thank you for joining The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge

Danka
Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}>

Mac Mable said...

Sorry I missed commenting on these amazing cards. All so creative and all so very beautiful x.

Chrissy said...

Beautiful collection of cards Julia..

Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

Luv CHRISSYxx

Susan said...

Love all the variations using the same berry die! The red Crystal Drops are perfect for the berries.