Monday, April 20, 2020

Sometimes Prayer is the Only Gift - Eileen Hull's Chapter 2 Dies - Tiny Book Case and Tiny Book

This is another project I made earlier for Eileen Hull to take to Creativation in January showcasing her just released Tiny Book and Tiny Book Case dies.  My theme for this one is a book of prayers and Bible Verses.

 It certainly speaks to the times we are living through these months.
I used the tag from Eileen's Credit Card Sleeve and Tag die set for the cover.

I covered the Tiny Book Case with patterned paper .
I added a little rectangle of the paper on the top of the inside tab that is exposed above the bottom panel of the box.
and gold embossed the edge of the front flap and the tag using Eileen's Golden Rod Molten Dimensions Embossing Powder.
I looped a piece of gold elastic cord through the tag to use as a closure for the case.
I also tied a piece of the gold elastic cord around the Tiny Book inside so it was easy to remove the book by pulling on the knotted end.
I made the face using Model Magic from Crayola and a mold from Sculpey.
 I adhered the face to the corner of the front of the Tiny Book Case.
 I embossed the edges of the Tiny Book cover with the Molten Embossing Powder

I stamped various Bible Verses and prayers on white card stock and sponged the edges with Tattered Rose Distress Ink.
Here are all the pages.
The back of the Tiny Book
For the pages, I cut a panel of patterned paper 11" x 2 7/8" and scored it at 2 1/4", 4 1/2", 6 3/4" and 9".  I cut another strip 9" x 2 7/8" scoring at 2 1/4", 4 1/2" and 6 3/4".  I cut another panel
I adhered one piece to the other to make one long piece, see the glue on the right hand piece, I adhered the left piece over it.
Leave the end pieces free, and glue the pages together under the 'hills'.
It ends up looking like this.


A sweet gift of comfort for a friend or relative who is going through a difficult time.
Be sure to check out Eileen's blog every Wednesday in April where she will gather the Inspiration Teams projects using her sweet new Tiny Book Case and Tiny Book dies!


Stamps:  His Mercies, Make Them Possible, Deuteronomy 28:6, She is Clothed 1 John 3:18 - Rubbernecker Stamps, Beautiful Blessings - Papertrey Ink, Sometimes Prayer - The Stamp Pad Co.
Paper:  Little Sizzles Matboard - Sizzix, white card stock - PTI, Pattern Paper - Modern Metallic 12x12 Pad - DCWV.
Ink:  True Black - PTI, Hero Hues Black, Versamark, Ranger Distress Tattered Rose.
Accessories:  Tiny Book Case Die, Tiny Book Die, Credit Card Sleeve and Tags - Eileen Hull/Sizzix,  Golden Rod Molten Dimensions Embossing Powder - Eileen Hull/Emerald Creek, Red Line Tape, Tombow Glue, Gold elastic cord, Cropadile, Sculpey Face Mold, Crayola Model Magic Air Dry.

9 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

great little booklet, it would make a wonderful present :)

nancy littrell said...

Your clever, creative projects never cease to amaze me, Julia. You are so talented. It is wonderful that you take the time to share all your photos too. Your book is going to be treasured by the recipient. Thank you for Sharing. Stay safe and creative, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful little book of prayers, Julia! A very meaningful gift, especially for these times!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Great tutorial for a really inspired project! It is beautifully crafted and I absolutely love it!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a stunning make! The words are so uplifting and I love the combination of the black and white with the gold and blush of pink - beautiful 😁. I hope you are having a lovely week! Keep well! Hugs, Jo x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a precious verse booklet Julia. Love, love, love it! The envelope box is perfect to hold it! Thanks for the inspiration! Be safe! God bless!

Mac Mable said...

So creative and heartfelt and what an amazing project x.

Words and Pictures said...

Very elegant, and full of wisdom.
Alison x

Loll said...

Beautiful book of prayers, Julia! In this time of sadness, this is a joyful, uplifting gift. Well done! xx