Monday, April 6, 2020

Some Bunnies for Easter

I've been busy making bunnies for Easter!   Although my friends and I will not have our usual Easter Sale at church (since services have been suspended) I still wanted to make cards and treat boxes to deliver or mail to several people in this time of being Alone-Together!

I used the super fun Bunny Hop Dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix for my ballerina bunnies
I used my Nested Egg Nestability dies to cut the large eggs out of watercolor paper and the small ones out of patterned paper.
I inked the egg by smooshing it onto my craft mat where I had rubbed both Ranger Distress Vintage Photo and Broken China and spritzed them with water.  I pounced the egg onto the inked mat until I was happy with the coverage.  I sponged around the edges of the egg with Ranger Distress Vintage Photo Ink.  I used a pink Copic for the ears, a grey Copic for the nose and an 01 Micron black fine tip marker for the eyes.
I made the tutu out of a rectangle of white netting.  
(It had been wrapped around a bouquet of flowers I was given sometime in the past and I'm happy I saved it!) 
 I sprayed the netting with Ranger Distress Spray Stain (Picked Raspberry on bunny above and Seedless Preserves on bunny below).  I dried it with my heat tool and gathered it along the top long edge with embroidery thread and tied it around the back of the bunny.

I adhered another die cut egg to the back to make the card, scoring it across the top about 1" down, so it would bend out and I cut the bottom of the back egg flat so the card will stand up!
And here's the boy bunny version using a different bunny die from the set.  I sponged around the edges of this bunny and the egg with Distress Vintage Photo ink
Next, I made some sweet little bunny treat boxes using Tiny Gift Box and Tiny Gift Box Bunny Add On dies from Lawn Fawn.  These are so adorable with their little die cut arms that can hold things
 (a carrot die and egg die are included in the set)
The box opens by pulling up on the bunnies tail!  And the back legs are adhered to the sides.  There's another leg die piece you can use that adheres to the sides and the bunny actually stands up on them.
These little boxes are about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" - two of these Hershey eggs will fit inside
And finally a bunny card - where the bunny has had bites taken out of him by Big Grumpy - Cat, from Taylored Expressions.  I used the die for the chick (where the little bird legs are cut) to cut the 'bite marks' on two edges of the bunny (ears and back).  The sentiment and popped up pieces are from Big Grumpy - Easter stamps and dies also from Taylored Expressions.  I colored the pieces with Copics

 I'm linking my Ballerina Bunny to the following challenges:

Inspired by the Title  - (Egg)


Make My Monday - Make Your Own Background Paper




14 comments:

Created by Kath said...

Great recycling for your bunny's tutu! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath -DT

Loll said...

Oh my gosh, Julia ... you've been having fun!! Adorable bunny cards (I LOVE the tutus!!). And the bunny treat boxes are so sweet. xx

Karen Brown said...

What fun ballerina Easter bunnies! I especially like the tutus and the beautiful eggs. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

meg said...

love the bunnies with tutus , thank you for joining in at MMM

Bonnie said...

Lots of fun Easter bunnies here, Julia! Love the tutus and the egg shaped cards! The tiny bunny boxes are adorable and the grumpy kitty is such fun!

Susan said...

These delightful bunnies made me smile! I love their tutus and the pretty coloured eggs at the bottom corners. The boy versions are fun too.

Michelle W said...

Your ballerina bunnies are adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Karen Dunbrook said...

delightful...love the toile accents.
Happy Easter mf.
xx Karen

Danni Reid said...

These ballerina bunnies are SO cute! I love their little tutus, great upcycle. The boy bunnies are so cute too, lucky recipients with all these awesome creations! Thank you for sharing with us over @ Inspired By this week!

Marina said...

These cards and boxes are really cute and fun. Thanks for joining The Library.

Words and Pictures said...

What a delightful Easter post, Julia. I'm particularly taken with those fabulous eggs, gorgeous inky backgrounds and the entirely charming rabbits dancing in their tutus (a wonderful addition!). The little treat boxes are really cute and the card made me laugh a lot! I'll be back for some proper catching up soon. Stay safe, stay well, and happy Easter.
Alison x

Wei said...

Just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Papercraft Boutique said...

These are all adorable Easter bunnies, Julia!
I especially love the fun and pretty ballerina bunnies with the wonderful tutu! The smooshed and sponged eggs are so beautiful.
(I bought the Tiny Gift Box and the Bunny Add On 2 years ago and I haven't even opened the packages!! )
The grumpy cat made me chuckle!
I hope you've had a happy Easter today.
Hideko xx

creativetimewithme said...

Awesome projects! Love those little boxes! Glad you were able to join us for the Make Your Own Background Paper challenge!


Hugs,
Mary Ellen, MMM DT - https://www.creativetimewithme.com/