Sunday, February 2, 2020

February CAS Watercolour Card Challenge - Red and Black

Welcome to February and the CAS Watercolour Challenge which has just posted!  Marcia is our colorful hostess this month and she would like us to use Red and Black!
I made a Valentine - as a couple of stamping friends and I have a Valentine Sale at our church coming up!
For my watercolouring - I used Brushos spritzed with water.  I used mostly Brilliant Red with a few shakes of Black as the black has some blue mixed in with it and the blue shows up more when you use more!
I die cut the watercoloured panel with Heart Confetti Collage die from Poppy Stamps.  I layered the panel with foam dots over a panel cut with Pierced Feature Frame die from PTI and layered that onto a white card base.  I stamped the sentiment from Cupids Arrow stamp set by PTI.  I also added in some of the cut out hearts inside the hearts.

I made a second card using the left over bits from the die cut used in my first card.  This time just raising the big heart and the arrow up on foam dots.
So please check out the February CAS Watercolour Card Challenge here.   You'll find hostess Marcia's description of the challenge as well as lots of red and black inspiration from the team, where we are also joined by our very talented Guest Designer this month - Michele (I Card Everyone)

I'm also linking my card to:
The Paper Players

 

Stamps:  Cupids Arrow - Papertrey Ink
Ink:  Obsidian - Altenew
Paper:  White, True Blac - PTI, Water color paper - Canson.
Accessories:  Heart Confetti Collage Die - Poppy Stamps, Pierced Feature Frame Dies, Cupids Arrow Dies - PTI,  Brilliant Red and Black Brushos, water mister, foam dots, Tombow Glue.

20 comments:

Pat said...

Two brilliant cards Julia, and love the brusho background with the die cut hearts, and love the way you have popped some smaller ones back into three of the hearts, and then the waste used on the second card with the added arrow across the main one is great, especially with the apt sentiment. x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous twofer and those brusho's look wonderful Julia. Fabulous layouts on both of your cards and the first one looks so 3D and so creative and love the fun sentiment on card number two x.

Loll said...

Wow! Two wonderful cards using that amazing red and black panel, Julia. The colours are fantastic and really show off against all the white. Great work, my friend! xx

TLady said...

BEAUTIFULLY DONE, Julia! You're SO BRAVE with your Brusho's! I need to play some more with mine to get as brave as you! LOVE what you've done, & BIG INKY HUGS for coming over to visit! ;)<3

Robyn Oliver said...

Two great Valentine cards Julia, the Brushos worked amazingly for the panel to die cut with the hearts - and raising the panel and adding a few hearts is a lovely finishing touch... gorgeous, hugs Robyn

Christine Alexander said...

Two gorgeous cards Julia, I love the mix of brushos and the way you created two cards out of the one background. Your second card is totally CAS perfection :)

nancy littrell said...

Love how you made 2 Valentine cards using the negative and positive die cut hearts. Both cards turned out beautifully. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

I Card Everyone said...

You've given your sweet Valentine hearts such va-va-voom with those Brushos, Julia!! Best of luck at your sale - I think you'll be a big hit!!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

Two FABULOUS cards Julia! Your Brusho's background is absolutely beautiful and I just love the look of the heart shaped cut outs with all that red & black (and hints of blue!)! And great idea to use the leftover hearts to make a second card, which is just as lovely as the first! Glad my color challenge helped you get a few more Valentine cards made for your big sale! :0)

My Paper Epiphany said...

That brushos background is fantastic and I love both of your designs!

Kia's Place said...

Both cards are beautiful Julia. The first card really pulls me in - one always has to have a fave right?

Bonnie said...

Wonderful colors in your Brusho background, Julia! Love how you've used the positive and negative hearts for two fantastic Valentines!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW--this Brusho background is gorgeous! Love how you created two cards with the die! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Allisa said...

Your background is stunning. Great job creating two cards with it! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Stef Perry said...

I am so smitten with your Brusho background, it is gorgeous!! And how smart you are to create a second with the leftovers! Fabulous Valentine, I hope your sale went great. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players this week!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

really lovely...gotta love it when you get 2 cards for the price of one.
xx Karen

Anne Marie Hile said...

I just love the effect with the Brusho and how you created two gorgeous cards with all of the die cut pieces. So pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Words and Pictures said...

Love it when you get those two-for-the-price-of-one designs! The "leftovers" card may even be my favourite of the two. Beautiful inky textures and patterning from the powders.
Alison x

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are fabulous and have a totally different look, Julia! Love the mix of Burusho colors and cute designs!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Beautiful Brusho background. Fabulous idea to make a twofer from the positive die-cuts.